2nd time out with my Oly M4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report > 2nd time out with my Oly M4

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2014, 12:22 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 90 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Default 2nd time out with my Oly M4

Got the scope mounted Saturday, bore sighted Sunday, range Monday. Only put 40 rounds through it but from what I could tell the scope is about on target. Was shooting standing unsupported as I'm not trusting of the rests on the indoor range. Either way at 25yds I was able to get everything within a 5 inch circle.

More practice I'm sure I can get it better. Just need to get to a range with better support to get it properly adjusted. May even be able to take one those walking/monopod sticks next time. I believe this inexpensive carbine will do well.

Olympic Arms flat top
Tasco 3-9X40 scope
Nikon P-Series offset mounts
Independence 5.56

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-18-2014, 12:30 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 195 Times on 126 Posts
Likes Given: 105

Whenever you get a chance I would HIGHLY recommend getting it dialed in sitting down, bi-pod or some other rest, @ 25 yd. You should be able to put three rounds into about a 1-1.5" circle with a little practice. Congrats on gettin it out, Now put some more rounds down range!
wknight40 Likes This 
Old 03-18-2014, 09:56 PM   #3

Liked 90 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 20

I have plenty of intentions of getting more rounds down range. I plan on taking this gun hog hunting and before I get all of that in line I must get the scope dialed in, agreed.

First time out the scope was so close to the hand guards I could only get one sheet of paper between the scope and upper hand guard. Looked nice but could not get a good cheek weld with the hearing protection. Was consistently hitting the area I was aiming but was not comfortable with the weld.

I'll be getting a mono pod type rest for the indoor range, which is 25 yards. I don't trust the bench rests at the range as they look as though if they were used it could effect anyone else that is trying to use it in another lane. They all look as though they are connected.

I'm generally happy with the outcome so far. I know it will improve.