1st Range report with me new SCCY CPX-2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Range Report >

1st Range report with me new SCCY CPX-2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2011, 12:28 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 34 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default 1st Range report with me new SCCY CPX-2

I took my SCCY to the range today and shot 100 rounds through it. There was only once that I accidently dropped the mag and that was because of holding my hand wrong, and no failures except one FTF and that was because I didn't have the mag loaded right, pushed the mag in and seated it a little better and it fired again without any hitches. Overall shooting experience was quite nice and I give it a 9/10 experience. I do need to find an allen wrench to adjust the rear site though and need to work on my aiming, but my shooting isn't much difference then with any of other 2 guns. So far the gun was worth the price I paid for it and it appears SCCY have worked hard on this new pistol to overcome their initial bad reputation.

sccy-cpx-target-pic-1-.jpg   sccy-cpx-target-pic-2-.jpg   sccy-cpx-target-pic-3-.jpg  
EAA Windicator
Mossberg 500
Winchester 1400 MK II
Sccy CPX-2
D'armes de Guerre 25-06
Sears Model 25 made my High Standard
Mossberg 715T

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-04-2011, 11:04 PM   #2

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I own one of the original CPX-1 models. Although it shoots well the external safety is a PITA. Its prone to flip to the on position while firing. My understanding is that the new model does not have the safety. Am I correct?

Old 12-04-2011, 11:15 PM   #3

Liked 34 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebramochaman View Post
I own one of the original CPX-1 models. Although it shoots well the external safety is a PITA. Its prone to flip to the on position while firing. My understanding is that the new model does not have the safety. Am I correct?
Yes you are correct, the CPX-2 has no external safety. I also have heard that they shaved the mag release down a little due to accidently pushing it in, not sure if that's true or not as I don't have CPX-1 to compare it to. My only complaint is that the nag release is very easy to push, and just barely tapping it releases the mag.
EAA Windicator
Mossberg 500
Winchester 1400 MK II
Sccy CPX-2
D'armes de Guerre 25-06
Sears Model 25 made my High Standard
Mossberg 715T

Old 12-05-2011, 02:12 AM   #4

Liked 134 Times on 86 Posts

Looks like you need more time at the range with that gun. I bet thats hard to shoot accurately.

Signing out, Alpha1victor.