Zen-Ray Binoculars
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Zen-Ray Binoculars

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2013, 02:15 AM   #1
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1233 Times on 701 Posts
Likes Given: 589

Default Zen-Ray Binoculars

I've been looking for a new pair of binoculars. I sold my old Steiner 8x30 Military/Marine's to a friend,and was ready to get a new pair of Steiner Predator Extreme's but I was looking on an Optics Forum and came across these.

http://www.zen-ray.com/shop/binoculars/zened3-10x43-demo.html

I have never heard of this company,but after reading several articles about their binoculars with ED glass,I decided to give them a try,and since I could buy a Demo pair for the same price as the Steiner's were,plus have a Lifetime warranty instead of Steiner's 10 year warranty,that was a plus.
Most of the stuff that I read on the forum compared the optic quality to being close to that of Swarovski/Zeiss/and Minox binoculars,and this was from guy's that use those brands.
If they come close to those binoculars,I will be very happy,but if they just match or exceed that of the Steiner's I sold,it will be just fine.

I should receive them in a day or two,and I do a report on them. THB

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-12-2013, 01:04 AM   #2
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I've had the new Zen-Ray ED3 binoculars for a few days now,and have spent some time looking thru them at various times of the day,in different light,cloudy days,rain,etc.
These binoculars rock.The clarity is amazing for a $500 class bino.They aren't Swarovski EL's or Zeiss Victory's,but they sure run with binoculars costing more than their price
The focus ring adjusts great-not too stiff/not too easy.
The glass coatings really make the colors pop out,and they allow you to see clearly in the dimmest of light in the morning/evening.
The weight isn't bad-26oz,and the rubber armor coating feels good.It's not slick or sticky feeling,and it is textured on the barrels for sure gripping.
They come with tethered rubber objective lens covers,and a rubber rain cover for the ocular lens that attaches to the neck strap. These fit well,and are easy to remove for viewing.
The Hard/Soft case that they come in is one thing I really don't care for,but it works well. It comes with a neck/carrying strap,and uses a zipper to open/close the case. The case then opens up to about a 45* angle allowing access to the binoculars. This case will work fine for storage for me,but I'll use a binocular harness when used in the field.

I really like these binoculars,and was pleasantly surprised by the quality of them. I figured the glass would be 1st rate,as it is Japanese ED glass,but since I had never heard of the brand before,I was just going by others reviews on several optics forums.
If you need some quality binoculars for a decent price,Zen-Ray ED3's get my vote!

Old 05-12-2013, 01:06 AM   #3
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

More pics-

Old 05-12-2013, 01:07 AM   #4
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png