Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Optics & Mounts (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f65/)
-   -   Zeiss conquest or Victory? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f65/zeiss-conquest-victory-86659/)

KA5ROW 03-16-2013 09:53 AM

Zeiss conquest or Victory?

OK for those that know what is the difference between a Zeiss Conquest 6.5x20x50 Rapid Z 1000 $850 and a Zeiss Victory FL Diavari 624x56 T $2800

I have the Zeiss conquest 3x9x50 on my 223 Winchester Model 70. But need something good for my Browning 7 MM Mag the store had the conquest 6.5x20x50. So what do you get for the extra $1941. I don't see as well as I once did so I need all the help I can get.

treehugger49 03-16-2013 02:01 PM

I'm not an expert on Zeiss, but you're looking at two different scopes targeted for different markets at different price points - basically entry level vs. top-of-the-line.

Size, materials, features, coatings, lenses, etc. all contribute to a particular product's market value. You pay more, you get more. Whether the Diavari commands the price differential is your call.

locutus 03-16-2013 04:10 PM

Why on earth a 6.5-20 on a hunting rifle????

A 2-8 would be far superior.

Txhillbilly 03-17-2013 04:40 AM

While the Conquest is a decent scope,the Diavari line is one of the finest scopes made.
Most average shooters that just go shooting/hunting a couple times a year might not be able to really see the differences in good scopes under most favorable conditions,the higher end scopes really show why they cost so much when the going gets tough as in weather and light conditions.
The glass difference and scope internal parts between the two are like comparing a Chevy to a Bentley.

Unless your planning on doing some long range shooting with your 7mag,I agree with Locutus-Too much magnification for a hunting rifle. I like using scopes between 3-16 power on my big game rifles,but that really depends on how/where you hunt.

KA5ROW 03-17-2013 10:05 AM

I am looking at long range target, close to 1000 yards.

Txhillbilly 03-17-2013 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KA5ROW (Post 1178988)
I am looking at long range target, close to 1000 yards.

If it were me,I'd buy a Nightforce NSX 5.5-22x50 or 56. They are very proven scopes,and it'll save you around $800.
But if your really thinking about spending $2500+ on optics,give U.S. Optics,Premier,and Schmidt & Bender a look before you buy the Zeiss.These are all top shelf optics,and what the real serious long range shooters use.

Jagermeister 03-17-2013 04:47 PM

I highly recommend a Meopta Meostar 4-12x56RD. It has the red dot. This is made for both day and night hunting and has a 1000 euro lens. I love this scope with a passion. I live in the land of Zeiss, leupold etc and decided with the Czech Meopta. I laugh when people compare high quality lenses with others saying they make no difference. They obviously never looked into a Zeiss scope. I can see a young fox sneaking across a field at 100 meters at 1100 pm with my Meopta. Hell, I shot one Friday night around midnight. He was trying to sneak over to the farmers lamb. He asked us to get rid of the varmints. My scope is teamed with my CZ-550 synthetic in .308. Those pigs don't have a chance!

Txhillbilly 03-17-2013 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jagermeister (Post 1179443)
I highly recommend a Meopta Meostar 4-12x56RD. It has the red dot. This is made for both day and night hunting and has a 1000 euro lens. I love this scope with a passion. I live in the land of Zeiss, leupold etc and decided with the Czech Meopta. I laugh when people compare high quality lenses with others saying they make no difference. They obviously never looked into a Zeiss scope. I can see a young fox sneaking across a field at 100 meters at 1100 pm with my Meopta. Hell, I shot one Friday night around midnight. He was trying to sneak over to the farmers lamb. He asked us to get rid of the varmints. My scope is teamed with my CZ-550 synthetic in .308. Those pigs don't have a chance!

The Meopta is a decent scope,but nowhere near the optics that the OP has interest in. It will run in a class with the Conquest,but doesn't compare with the higher grade scopes.

antikythera 07-19-2013 02:38 PM

i still believe the zeiss conquests are pretty good. look at this one. it has the same specs as the higher end but are in the middle with price.
http://www.riflescopes.webyshops.com/Brands/Zeiss-Conquest-Rifle-Scopes#/?sort=0&qpp=25&page=2