Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Optics & Mounts (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f65/)
-   -   your opinion on bushnell banner scopes (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f65/your-opinion-bushnell-banner-scopes-81751/)

habhammer 01-18-2013 06:48 PM

your opinion on bushnell banner scopes

I have a Model 7 308 that is currently sporting a Bushnell Banner - I have an older model Nikon Monarch I could move over to it - Is it worth going through all that and have to sight it in again or would the Bushnell hold up for the long haul?

JTJ 01-18-2013 07:34 PM

The Banner is the low end of the Bushnell line while the Monarch is on the upper end of the Nikon line. The Banner is not up to the quality of the Monarch. You will get a brighter clearer image with the Monarch.

purehavoc 01-18-2013 07:42 PM

I have a banner on my .223 bolt gun , its not terrible and it holds zero very well but JTJ is right its a lower end glass and not as clear of scope as the monarch . The next step up is a trophy XLT much better than the Banner but again not near as clear as the Monarch

locutus 01-18-2013 10:11 PM

Opinion???

a waste of money.

Muliemaster 01-19-2013 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by locutus (Post 1099740)
Opinion???

a waste of money.

The bushnell or scope swappin, my bet is use the monarch cause the bushbroke may or may not hold up.

cgersty 01-21-2013 01:24 AM

I have a banner 1-4 power on my slug shotgun, it works just fine for me, clear enough good low light capability, and has held up to the recoil and held zero so far, I didn't want to put an extremely high price scope on a shotgun that gets used 2 weekends a season and for a little plunking in the off season! I'm pretty pleased with mine and I'm sure there are better scopes out there but this one has served me well.

godale 01-23-2013 02:41 PM

i have 3 bushnell banners for the price they are not bad. maybe not the best but for the money and the fact that i know their habits they are okay. one is on a 22 honet the second one is on a handi 223 and the third is off. it was on a savage 30-06 and survived 100 rounds. i had a oportunity to get a 3200 elite on closeout so thats whats on the 30-06 now. between those two its no contest but at the time i was on a budget so i got the banner.

vincent 01-23-2013 02:53 PM

I have the Banner 3-9x40 on my 10/22...

It worked well for a while, until the adjustment knobs stopped working and had to send it back for warranty work...

I don't know a whole helluva lot about scopes but with the Bushnell, color me unimpressed...

If I had it to do over again, I would have spent my money more wisely...

paperplatetargets 01-23-2013 07:36 PM

I wish I remembered where I found this, it's a cut and paste off a site somewhere but it makes a lot of sense.

Most rifle scopes vary wildly in price from under $100 to over $1000. Although it’s usually true that quality comes with price, optical experts agree that once a certain level of quality has been reached it often takes a 100% increase in cost to acquire a small increase in performance.

I'm not sure where that level of quality line is at, but for me it's about 400 bucks (Monarch cost range), I've had a Banner before also, it treated me well.

huffmanite 01-24-2013 02:26 AM

Bought a banner for my 22 squirrel rifle back in 60s. LOL, retired it last year. Bought a Banner from Wal-Mart around 4 years ago. Never have liked its optics and presently its not mounted on anything. Glass on my old one was better than it.

Think your Nikon is worth a try.