Yardage turret

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Yardage turret

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2011, 11:10 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Yardage turret

I just put a pretty old Tasco World Class 10-40x60 scope on my AR. I know this is an older optic, back when Tasco made high level scopes, so I cannot find any information on it. My dilemna is as follows. At one hundred yards, I focus the scope in using the distance turret, and once I get everything set, it shows 20 yards. If I even attempt to look at anything closer than one hundred yards, everything gets blurry and cannot be focused what so ever. I would like to be able to shoot at least as close as 50 yards on occasion. Is there something wrong with the scope itself? Is something out of adjustment and needs to be repaired?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-21-2011, 11:45 PM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

bump. Seriously, no one has any input. Dag nabbit.

Old 01-23-2011, 03:08 AM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5991 Times on 3133 Posts
Likes Given: 427

10-40 is typically what you find in a spotting scope.

if your speaking of parralax adjustment knob, its not for focusing its for eliminating parralax by bringing the image onto or near the same focal plane as the x-hairs. side effect generally also makes the image come into focus.

pics of the scope would help

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 01-24-2011, 03:55 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Look in the AR picture thread, page 29, post # 285. I can take some more pictures of just the optice itself to give you some better ideas of what is going on.

But yes, I am talking about the paralax adjustment. I guess my gripe is that I cannot focus on anything under 100 yards away.

Old 01-25-2011, 01:47 PM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

The only thing I could find in the way of a manual was a generic Tasco instruction sheet for their scopes, it may be of some help.

Check to see if your eyeball adjustment is in or out too far, I just backed my BSA Catseye out until the image got blurry at 100 yards, then tried to focus using parallax adjustment and it had to be set on infinity to bring the picture back into focus. This sounds like the opposite of the problem your having, but the eyeball adjustment on my scope was already in as far as it will go.