Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Where can I get a mil. spec sight/ scope

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2011, 04:25 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Where can I get a mil. spec sight/ scope

Ive been looking into getting a scope of some sort for my ar15. Theres alot to choose from i've noticed and im deffidently not gonna spend more on a sight than I did on the entire rifle. Anybody have any good experience with the cheapys on the market? I dont care if it's a scope, red dot or anything else along those lines

Or what about a mil. spec. sight, there probably pretty expensive huh?

Note; im not a cheap ass like this thread makes me sound I just want a good deal and ain't got alot of money to play with right now

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-15-2011, 02:05 PM   #2

Likes Given: 1

I don't know if this falls would work well on your AR or not, but I just bought a Mil-Dot Vortex Crossfire for $111 after shipping from SWFA. I haven't got to shoot it yet, but at first glance, the glass looks really clear and and pretty descent for what I paid for it. It's everything I would ever need. Not sure how the durability will hold up on it as I'm shooting it on a 7mm Rem Mag, but would probably great for an AR

Old 09-15-2011, 02:21 PM   #3

Right on. Sometimes looks can be decieving though lol. Let me know how it works, and do you have a link to the site?

Old 09-15-2011, 02:26 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I got a eotech on my Ar-15 that I picked up for a little more than 300.00. So far I like it. The reason I picked it over the aimpoint was that I didn't have to buy a mount for it. I looked at the strike fire it looks good but I didn't like the controls on it.

Old 09-15-2011, 06:01 PM   #5

Thats alittle high for me right now

Old 09-15-2011, 11:18 PM   #6

Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloth88 View Post
Right on. Sometimes looks can be decieving though lol. Let me know how it works, and do you have a link to the site?
http://swfa.com/Vortex-6-24x50-Crossfire-Rifle-Scope-P43585.aspx

Like I said, don't know how durable this thing will be with my large bore gun, but for $100 and an unlimited warranty, it doesn't hurt to give it a whirl.

If your AR is a 223, I think it would work great for you.

Old 09-16-2011, 04:32 AM   #7

Cool man, thanks. yeah its chambered in .223/ 5.56. I'll look into it alittle more and decide shortly, hopefully lol