Whats the most you would spend on a scope? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Whats the most you would spend on a scope?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2011, 01:58 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

Tx, I must agree with you 100%, you hit the nail on the head. Sometimes you can teach an old dog something new. I finally realized those factors myself shen I saw the light. Another thing is repeatability. With these good high end scopes I can zero for a specific bullet and load, then change zero for another and then go right back to the first and I am right back on target.
I know now why they cost so much more--positive reliability. It's best to save for a while and get quality rather than spend money then end up griping and dissatisfied, but a lot of folks still don't understand that. It's sort of like buying better boots ain't it? With optics, and in most cases boots, hunting clothes and other shooting accessories you get exactly what you pay for.
Shooting is an expensive sport. I see shooters fighting inferior equipment at every sniper challenge that we have.
The same philosophy goes for spotting scopes and binos as well.
These last two scopes I bought cost half again as much as the rifles they are on but now I am satisfied. When I don't shoot as well one day as the next at least I can't blame it on my equipment or ammo any more.
Just thought I would add my 2 cents again, but who am I to say?