What scope for barret model 99
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > What scope for barret model 99

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2013, 04:38 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default What scope for barret model 99

Hey y'all I just naught a barret model 99 in the 50. I want a good long range scope that will last the recoil on it. Any suggestions will help thank you.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-29-2013, 12:04 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5797 Times on 3027 Posts
Likes Given: 397

Something from nightforce will work.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 01-29-2013, 04:22 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5934 Times on 3356 Posts
Likes Given: 5484

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barret50Navy View Post
Hey y'all I just naught a barret model 99 in the 50. I want a good long range scope that will last the recoil on it. Any suggestions will help thank you.
Anything from Schmidt & Binder, Zeiss/Hensoldt, Swarovski, Leica, etc.

Winston Churchill

Old 01-29-2013, 05:24 PM   #4

I like the vortex viper hd series they work great way more features per dollar including mil or moa clicks 1/8 moa or .5 mil and return to zero. They are also Ffp reticle. They use them on .338 laupa's all the time so a fifty shouldn't be a problem I guess I didn't look to see what caliber you got I'm just assuming since you said Barrett its a fifty. They are nicer than the night force (better glass) IMHO.

Old 01-29-2013, 11:36 PM   #5

Liked 258 Times on 154 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Trijicon warranties their Accupoint scopes for use on .50 cal rifles. I don't think you'd be disappointed at the quality and clarity at the price point they're offered at. They're very nice.

Old 01-30-2013, 02:54 AM   #6
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1220 Times on 697 Posts
Likes Given: 587

Quote:
Originally Posted by climate17 View Post
I like the vortex viper hd series they work great way more features per dollar including mil or moa clicks 1/8 moa or .5 mil and return to zero. They are also Ffp reticle. They use them on .338 laupa's all the time so a fifty shouldn't be a problem I guess I didn't look to see what caliber you got I'm just assuming since you said Barrett its a fifty. They are nicer than the night force (better glass) IMHO.
I really doubt anyone is using that scope on any Long Range rifle,especially a 338 LM or 50 cal.It doesn't have the adjustment range needed.
And Vortex's glass is no where near the quality of a Nightforce,the Vortex Razor scope comes close,but it cost more than a Nightforce,and still isn't as good a scope.

Old 01-30-2013, 03:05 AM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5797 Times on 3027 Posts
Likes Given: 397

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txhillbilly View Post
I really doubt anyone is using that scope on any Long Range rifle,especially a 338 LM or 50 cal.It doesn't have the adjustment range needed.
And Vortex's glass is no where near the quality of a Nightforce,the Vortex Razor scope comes close,but it cost more than a Nightforce,and still isn't as good a scope.
ill second this.

ive got nightforce and vortex scopes. vortex are nice but they arent even remotely in the same class as a nightforce. i personally rank vortex as a better choice than leupold but the better vortex's are a little pricey for what they are.

vortex just prices their upper end out of consideration in my opinion.

ive also got a accupoint nd its a nifty scope and quality is right in line with its price point the glass does have a very very slight fish eye effect at the extreme edges but its crystal clear and excellent usability in extreme low light. it doesnt have the range of adjustment to take advantage of the capabilities of the 50bmg

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Last edited by JonM; 01-30-2013 at 03:08 AM.

Old 01-30-2013, 09:20 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5934 Times on 3356 Posts
Likes Given: 5484

The Royal Marines use S&B. Maybe they know something???

Winston Churchill
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 01-31-2013, 02:24 AM   #9
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1220 Times on 697 Posts
Likes Given: 587

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
The Royal Marines use S&B. Maybe they know something???
Yes they do-The queen is footing the bill!!!

I believe all of us would have S&B scopes on our rifles if we didn't have to pay for them ourselves. Or a March would be nice to have also.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:59 AM   #10

Liked 319 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 399

Leupold Mk4 and Nightforce NSX would be my two go to scopes.

While Vortex might be good for Deer hunting or other med to long range work. I wouldn't put on on a 50.

The cheapest I would go would be a Sightron SIII.