Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Optics & Mounts (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f65/)
-   -   What scope for barret model 99 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f65/what-scope-barret-model-99-a-82756/)

Barret50Navy 01-29-2013 04:38 AM

What scope for barret model 99
 
Hey y'all I just naught a barret model 99 in the 50. I want a good long range scope that will last the recoil on it. Any suggestions will help thank you.

JonM 01-29-2013 12:04 PM

Something from nightforce will work.

locutus 01-29-2013 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barret50Navy (Post 1114601)
Hey y'all I just naught a barret model 99 in the 50. I want a good long range scope that will last the recoil on it. Any suggestions will help thank you.

Anything from Schmidt & Binder, Zeiss/Hensoldt, Swarovski, Leica, etc.

climate17 01-29-2013 05:24 PM

I like the vortex viper hd series they work great way more features per dollar including mil or moa clicks 1/8 moa or .5 mil and return to zero. They are also Ffp reticle. They use them on .338 laupa's all the time so a fifty shouldn't be a problem I guess I didn't look to see what caliber you got I'm just assuming since you said Barrett its a fifty. They are nicer than the night force (better glass) IMHO.

hoovco 01-29-2013 11:36 PM

Trijicon warranties their Accupoint scopes for use on .50 cal rifles. I don't think you'd be disappointed at the quality and clarity at the price point they're offered at. They're very nice.

Txhillbilly 01-30-2013 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by climate17 (Post 1115100)
I like the vortex viper hd series they work great way more features per dollar including mil or moa clicks 1/8 moa or .5 mil and return to zero. They are also Ffp reticle. They use them on .338 laupa's all the time so a fifty shouldn't be a problem I guess I didn't look to see what caliber you got I'm just assuming since you said Barrett its a fifty. They are nicer than the night force (better glass) IMHO.

I really doubt anyone is using that scope on any Long Range rifle,especially a 338 LM or 50 cal.It doesn't have the adjustment range needed.
And Vortex's glass is no where near the quality of a Nightforce,the Vortex Razor scope comes close,but it cost more than a Nightforce,and still isn't as good a scope.

JonM 01-30-2013 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Txhillbilly (Post 1115845)
I really doubt anyone is using that scope on any Long Range rifle,especially a 338 LM or 50 cal.It doesn't have the adjustment range needed.
And Vortex's glass is no where near the quality of a Nightforce,the Vortex Razor scope comes close,but it cost more than a Nightforce,and still isn't as good a scope.

ill second this.

ive got nightforce and vortex scopes. vortex are nice but they arent even remotely in the same class as a nightforce. i personally rank vortex as a better choice than leupold but the better vortex's are a little pricey for what they are.

vortex just prices their upper end out of consideration in my opinion.

ive also got a accupoint nd its a nifty scope and quality is right in line with its price point the glass does have a very very slight fish eye effect at the extreme edges but its crystal clear and excellent usability in extreme low light. it doesnt have the range of adjustment to take advantage of the capabilities of the 50bmg

locutus 01-30-2013 09:20 PM

The Royal Marines use S&B. Maybe they know something???

Txhillbilly 01-31-2013 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by locutus (Post 1116842)
The Royal Marines use S&B. Maybe they know something???

Yes they do-The queen is footing the bill!!!

I believe all of us would have S&B scopes on our rifles if we didn't have to pay for them ourselves. Or a March would be nice to have also.

gunnut07 02-08-2013 01:59 AM

Leupold Mk4 and Nightforce NSX would be my two go to scopes.

While Vortex might be good for Deer hunting or other med to long range work. I wouldn't put on on a 50.

The cheapest I would go would be a Sightron SIII.


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:15 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.