What is a good holographic scope
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > What is a good holographic scope

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2012, 03:17 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default What is a good holographic scope

I want it on an ak 47 7.62x39. It has to be good for up to 150-200 yards. It also has to stay in zero from the recoil, and I want this for $200 or cheaper.

Any suggestions on a holographic scope?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-17-2012, 07:34 PM   #2

You should check out ATN's red dot sights,
I have one on my AR and it works great, you can pick from having just a dot or cross hairs or a T rediccle and it has brightness adjustments
I bouth mine about 2 years ago and and I think I payed $120 for it then

A man who is good enough to shed his blood for the country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards.
-Theodore Roosevelt

Old 04-18-2012, 01:12 AM   #3

Liked 32 Times on 18 Posts

I assume you're talking about a holographic sight and not so much a "scope"

If you are not looking for something with magnification, I would suggest the bsa pmrs sight. I have it on my AR and after 3000+ rounds, most of it with a slide fire stock, zero has not changed. It has 7 brightness settings to choose from, 4 reticle shapes to choose from, and the battery lasts a loooong damn time as long as you don't leave it turned on in the safe. Don't ask me how I know that part My friends that have shot with it all loved it and bought their own after finding out how long it's been going without a hiccup.

Ohh, did I mention it can be had for around $50?

http://compare.ebay.com/like/310358870119?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&va r=sbar&_lwgsi=y&cbt=y

No, this is not my auction. Just the cheapest I was able to find with a quick google search.

Old 04-18-2012, 01:48 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryguy00

If you are not looking for something with magnification, I would suggest the bsa pmrs sight. I have it on my AR and after 3000+ rounds, most of it with a slide fire stock, zero has not changed. It has 7 brightness settings to choose from, 4 reticle shapes to choose from, and the battery lasts a loooong damn time as long as you don't leave it turned on in the safe. Don't ask me how I know that part My friends that have shot with it all loved it and bought their own after finding out how long it's been going without a hiccup.

http://compare.ebay.com/like/310358870119?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&va r=sbar&_lwgsi=y&cbt=y

No, this is not my auction. Just the cheapest I was able to find with a quick google search.
That looks great ill look into it

Old 04-18-2012, 01:57 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryguy00

May I ask what caliber you use it for because from google I found reviews saying that the recoil just shut it off after shooting

Old 04-18-2012, 02:11 AM   #6

Liked 32 Times on 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHunter100 View Post
May I ask what caliber you use it for because from google I found reviews saying that the recoil just shut it off after shooting
I'm using this one on a .223. But I have another BSA red dot sight that is older. It's one of the round bodied tiny "scope" looking ones. It's just a red dot, without different reticle patterns, but I've had it on my 12 ga for turkey hunting. No problems. Ever. It is a different model than the one I recommended to you, but it is made by the same company. Granted, I've never had to rely on their products in a life or death situation, but I cannot honestly say anything bad about them from my experiences. And this is coming from a guy who has leupold and burris on my other rifles.

I do not own an AK but I have shot several of them. I do not feel that the additional recoil of the 7.62x39 will be noticed by these optics.

Then again, if you're taking it into battle, you may wanna spend more for an eotech, aimpoint, etc. But for my personal uses (non life depending) I'll buy the $50 sight and spend the rest on ammo.

Old 04-18-2012, 02:53 AM   #7

Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Eotech....

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 04-18-2012, 05:30 AM   #8

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray
Eotech....
I agree, when it comes to holographic sights you can't beat EOTech. I believe the OP said he wanted something for under $200 though so unless he gets lucky EOTech is out.

Old 04-18-2012, 10:39 PM   #9

Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaysWithZombies

I agree, when it comes to holographic sights you can't beat EOTech. I believe the OP said he wanted something for under $200 though so unless he gets lucky EOTech is out.
Oh my bad, i should have read more into it. :-\

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 04-18-2012, 10:43 PM   #10

Liked 1126 Times on 731 Posts
Likes Given: 2014

https://www.primaryarms.com/Red_Dot_Sights_s/190.htm

Take a look