Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   Optics & Mounts (
-   -   Weaver rings for a Zeiss scope (

Jagermeister 05-04-2013 08:25 PM

Weaver rings for a Zeiss scope
1 Attachment(s)
Hello, I need some help.

I am looking to by a Zeiss Conquest 3-9x50 MC scope for my Hera Arms AR 15. What size weaver rings should I buy? Low or medium. I do not want to ask my LGS gunsmith since I am not buying the scope from the store. Please do not ask why.:o

Txhillbilly 05-04-2013 10:09 PM

For a proper cheek weld on most AR style weapons,High or Extra High rings usually work. Using lower rings you have to get far down on the stock,but it all depends on what you feel comfortable with.

Triumphman 05-13-2013 04:08 AM

I can tell you right now, that High to X-high Rings will be needed, due to the 50mm Objective.
Now, if Scope has A/O also, even taller Rings are gonna be needed.

gunnut07 05-15-2013 10:10 AM

High rings should be about right. I went with lowers rings on one AR to see if accuracy was effected. It sure was effected it sucked because being a slightly FLUFFY guy I had to smash my face into the stock that it was uncomfortable to shoot.

I would get a set of high SWFA tactical rings or Burris P.E.P.R. mount.

John_Deer 05-15-2013 10:19 AM

You will need a high ring for a 50mm objective. Make sure you sight the rifle in at 100 yards or further. If you sight it in at 50 yards it will shoot high at 100 yards.

antikythera 07-19-2013 02:20 PM

heya! 1 inch high rings in matte would go great with this Zeiss scope. I recommend warne rings.

clearwaterken 07-19-2013 02:51 PM

Way to nice of a setup to put weaver rings on. The Burris would be my choice if your on a budget or save up a day or two and go with a NF Unimount. One of my personal favs. 20 MOA taper and ultra rigid, like a roll cage around your scope. My AR fell off my quad at 30 with a Unimount, and the impact jacked up the anodizing but no kidding, no loss of zero. Even had to replace the trigger guard lol.