Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Weaver-mount Red-Dot to 1911; I need a mount

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2013, 04:42 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 61 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Default Weaver-mount Red-Dot to 1911; I need a mount

I've decided to put a little reflex red-dot sight on my Rock Island .22TCM 1911. After some shopping around online I ended up at Walmart to look at a Weaver-brand sight but ended up paying a bit more for a Bushnell First Strike because (a.) it seems better built and, (b.) the company is headquartered about ten-miles from my house! The next problem is mounting it to my pistol. The sight has a permanent Weaver/Pickatinny rail clamp so I need something with about two-inches of that over a 1911 dovetail. I know that Rocks have an odd-sized sight mortise so I'm prepared to do some modification IF such a rail/dovetail device exists! If not I will have to ask a machinist friend of mine if he can whittle one up for me (which may be my best bet anyway). If you have any advice or know of such a mount, please let me know on this forum. Thank you.

"History teaches that war begins when nations believe that the price of aggression is cheap." - Ronald Reagan

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-24-2013, 04:36 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

I got my mounts a few weeks ago, I got them from aim-trax.com , they were really cheap and had a worryingly large selection of everything....I ended up having kid in candy shop syndrome :-)