Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   Optics & Mounts (
-   -   Weaver Kaspa (

JTJ 01-22-2012 03:05 AM

Weaver Kaspa
Has anyone had experience with the Weaver Kaspa line? I am looking at the 1.5-6x26 30mm illuminated TBX for use on an AR or Mini. $194 at Optics Planet.

huffmanite 01-24-2012 05:53 PM

This line of Weaver scopes is fairly new, appearing 4-5 months ago as I recall. First time I noticed it was when picture of one was featured on cover of a Sportsman's Guide catalog and catalog would show two of them. Some gent posted about it on another gun forum, saying he'd called Weaver to ask about the Sportsman's catalog Kaspa scopes. As I recall, gent was told it was a special run scope made for Sportsmans to sell and that they were made in China, unlike the other models of Weavers all made in either Japan or Philippines. Since then, other scope dealers have begun to sell the Kaspas. I've yet to see any buyer of a Kaspa make a comment/review about his scope and I enjoy reading the optics sections of a number of the more popular gunsites.

JTJ 01-24-2012 06:18 PM

Thanks for the reply. I was wondering if they might be too good to be true. I was not able to find much in the way of real use reviews either. I like the idea of a regular optic with the illuminated reticle so you are not totally battery dependent. I had been looking at several different makes when I ran across the Kaspa.