Weaver Base and Weaver Rings

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Weaver Base and Weaver Rings

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2013, 02:44 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 28 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Default Weaver Base and Weaver Rings

Will any set of Weaver rings work with any Weaver base?

The base I am looking at is the multi-slot base system for a Remington 700 long action. On Weaver's website, it states that the rail works with top mount rings. There are a few rings that have "top mount" in the name. But I'm wondering all the rings are top mount (with the exception of the ones that are listed as side mount).

I ask because the ones I really like aren't specifically named "top mount", but based on the picture, they look like they mount the same way.

Does anyone have experience with Weaver rings and mounts that might be able to help out?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-06-2013, 07:43 PM   #2
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1256 Times on 713 Posts
Likes Given: 598

Is this the style of base your talking about?
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/1477228687/weaver-1-piece-extended-multi-slot-tactical-picatinny-style-base-remington-700-short-action

If it is,then any ring that's made for a Weaver/Picatinny style mount will work. I prefer to use Burris Signature Zee rings on all of my rifles,they are the best rings out there,IMO.

Lifetime Member-
NRA
Texas State Rifle Association
North American Hunting Club

Old 12-07-2013, 05:25 PM   #3

Liked 28 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txhillbilly View Post
Is this the style of base your talking about?
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/1477228687/weaver-1-piece-extended-multi-slot-tactical-picatinny-style-base-remington-700-short-action

If it is,then any ring that's made for a Weaver/Picatinny style mount will work. I prefer to use Burris Signature Zee rings on all of my rifles,they are the best rings out there,IMO.
The long action version, but yes.

Thanks!!