Warning on shipping optics to Canada!!!!! - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Warning on shipping optics to Canada!!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2010, 01:30 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default When you have no command of the FACTs.....

Attack the messenger.

Now just as ANOTHER example of how stupid the bureaucrats are: Since USPS failed to deliver a package they took custody of, I can file an insurance claim with USPS ..... REGARDLESS of the fact that Customs seized (stole) it.

Better go rent a copy of Catch 22, you might learn something.

Old 10-16-2011, 03:58 PM   #22

Default Scubie, I also shipped a Leupold to Canada and has been seized by US Customs

I was wondering if you could help me find out what the deal is on my seized Scope, let me know and I can give you customs from number. This just happened in the last month..
thanks, 3toedpete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzscubie View Post
Oh and by the way, just because you can buy something in the US on our free market does not mean you can just ship it to anywhere in the world you want.

I will wait for your response and if you give me the particulars of the scope and it’s end destination I’ll tell you ether why it was seized or I will tell you that CBP made a mistake. Ether way I will clear this up for you.

Scubie

Old 11-06-2011, 09:51 PM   #23

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Scubie, when you return, would you please be so kind as to post your findings on this thread. I believe all of us readers would be interested to hear them. Brandy has had his time on his soapbox, of would be mice to hear your side weigh in. Thank you, an interested bystander

EXPENDABLE

Old 11-07-2011, 01:41 PM   #24

Liked 253 Times on 127 Posts
Likes Given: 137

Customs has zero to do with it. This is controlled by the Department of foreign affairs and international tradeon the Canadian side.

Importing & Exporting into Canada

The rules have changed for exporting firearms parts into Canada. We must now get export authorization for shipping both barrels and scopes to Canada. With barrels we are required to get an export license from the U.S. State Department. In the past Canada was exempt from this requirement but we now must get the license as we do with all other foreign countries. With scopes we are also required to get export authorization but it is through the Department of Commerce.

Before we are able to apply for an export license the end user (the purchaser) must get import authorization from the Canadian government. Individual purchasers may get this authorization on their own or to avoid the paperwork you may place an order through one of the importers listed below. Here are the steps to get that paperwork:

The document is an International Import Certificate issued by;

Export Controls Division (EPE), Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade
Export & Import Controls Bureau
P.O. Box 481, Station "A"
Ottawa ON K1N 9K6

STEPS:

1. Obtain the paperwork from above agency
2. Complete and return paperwork
3. DFAIT will issue import paperwork
4. Importer submits paperwork (originals or certified copies) to U.S. exporter

AMERICAN side

http://www.pmddtc.state.gov/regulations_laws/itar_official.html

Be careful who's toes you step on today....'cause they could be connected to the a** you need to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by davemccarthy707; 11-07-2011 at 11:37 PM.

Old 11-10-2011, 08:52 AM   #25
JLM

This is quite amusing. Im going to have to stick around to see what information Scubie has to provide on the matter at hand. Mind you, I wouldn't blame him if he decided that this particulate incident wasn't worth his time and effort.

I think Brandy may have consumed too much Brandy in her coffee.

P.S.

I have been to France and with the exception of Paris the people in france are quite nice and polite especially if you make the effort to speak there native tongue. I also have quite a few friends from France, all of which are really awesome people.