Warning on shipping optics to Canada!!!!! - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts >

Warning on shipping optics to Canada!!!!!


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2010, 11:13 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Stafford, Virginia,The state of insanity.
Posts: 14,043
Liked 43 Times on 36 Posts

Default

Again the rules were there and you didn't follow them. I don't care how hard they are to find. This has nothing to do with 9-11 or illegal immigrants or DHS or anything else. It all revolves around the fact that ignorance of the law is not a defense. You being an adult should understand that. If you don't or won't know that then it is still all your fault.

All I here from you is pissing and moaning because you didn't know the law and you got nicked for not following it. We have a rather nice guy in Scubie here on the board that was being nice to you and offered to help you out in this situation and all you can do is bad mouth him. I will be sending him and his CO also here on this board a little note that I think there should be no help for you.


You talk about El AL flights. The nice thing is we have freedoms which they do not in Israel. How many times are you stopped out side of the airport here in the states. Last time My relative went to see his kids. They searched his body luggage and the searched his car this took an hour or more and he almost missed his flight.

I understand that you are angry. I would be to but, you need to be polite to people who are trying to help you.
cpttango30 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 01:16 AM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Honolulu,Hawaii
Posts: 9
Default Itar

Anything weapons related is regulated under ITAR restrictions. You can not just export anything, not even to Canada.

cpttango30 is right...just be glad you have the freedoms to purchase and own what you do. Also be happy it only got seized, you could've been fined up to $10,000 for ignorance.

ETA: These items do not get sold at auction, nor are the "acquired" by the agency once seized. It all gets destroyed.

Last edited by Colt808; 11-02-2010 at 01:19 AM.
Colt808 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 04:24 PM   #13
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 63
Default Really ? Customs in Chicago told me they have an

auction of all seized material (that is not illegal for a US Citizen to own) once per year and all the proceeds go into the US Government's general fund.

Insofar as "not knowing the law(s), wait till you come to our town and ride your horse down to the local gin mill and leave it tied up more than 4 hours.... you will be arrested and fined.

What a bunch of sheep, the kenyan must love you, a few million more and we can become France!

As far as the "help" from the "customs' guy".... still waiting.

I've got it all taken care of because none of the government agencies have the slightest idea of what the others are doing. LOL!
brandy is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 04:34 PM   #14
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Stafford, Virginia,The state of insanity.
Posts: 14,043
Liked 43 Times on 36 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandy View Post
auction of all seized material (that is not illegal for a US Citizen to own) once per year and all the proceeds go into the US Government's general fund.

Insofar as "not knowing the law(s), wait till you come to our town and ride your horse down to the local gin mill and leave it tied up more than 4 hours.... you will be arrested and fined.

What a bunch of sheep, the kenyan must love you, a few million more and we can become France!

As far as the "help" from the "customs' guy".... still waiting.

I've got it all taken care of because none of the government agencies have the slightest idea of what the others are doing. LOL!

Not sure why you are so mad at us. scubie Told you he would look into it when he got back he SIR had to go down range in to an area where people are getting killed daily.

This is my last post on this as you only want to insult people on here I might strongly suggest that you just move on to another message board.

How are we sheep? Because you broke the law and we will not coddle you like the whiny baby you are? Hey you can't export the scope to Canada you failed to do your part and now it is someone else's fault.

Your an effing idiot.
cpttango30 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 04:13 AM   #15
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
M14sRock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,548
Liked 47 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 68

Default

Brandy, you need to slow down and take a deep breath.

As stated earlier in this thread, Scubie is OUT OF THE COUNTRY til the middle of the month. He has more important things on his table than to look into your issue right now. War zone chit and all that.

Your hate of all things government is over the top. And you won't find any members here who are fans of Pres. O. so don't go there.
__________________
NRA-Life
CRPA-Life

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI


"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."
M14sRock is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 05:40 AM   #16
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DrumJunkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Here in the holler....
Posts: 4,823
Liked 1617 Times on 945 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Default

.......Wow!
If the instructions where followed as well shipping off this piece of glass as I'm seeing in this thread I'm somewhat surprised you got stamps on the box.

I used to be a pretty active eBay seller and had to keep up on all kinds of little BS laws to make sure my rump was not out there hanging when things left the country. And I just sold musical instruments and some PC hardware.

You don't just have to know what is needed to get it in the country in question but to be able to get it out of the one you're in. If you did not do the research ten you had no business even trying to do it. There's a reason many sellers only ship in the lower 48. Because there are a ton less rules. That scope could have went anywhere in the country. But once you attempt to send it outside there's a ton of stuff that should have been read over in intimate detail.

Hopefully the man that offered to help you will come home safe. And I'm sure he will still help you...He's pretty classy that way. But don't piss and moan that he didn't drop everything and hand deliver the box back to you on his way out.

You don't have to like the rules. But until you go to work to change them you might try learning just what those rules are before you endeavor to become the next interwebz bajillionaire.
__________________
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson
DrumJunkie is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 09:13 AM   #17
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Honolulu,Hawaii
Posts: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandy View Post
auction of all seized material (that is not illegal for a US Citizen to own) once per year and all the proceeds go into the US Government's general fund.

Insofar as "not knowing the law(s), wait till you come to our town and ride your horse down to the local gin mill and leave it tied up more than 4 hours.... you will be arrested and fined.

What a bunch of sheep, the kenyan must love you, a few million more and we can become France!

As far as the "help" from the "customs' guy".... still waiting.

I've got it all taken care of because none of the government agencies have the slightest idea of what the others are doing. LOL!
Yes okay, since you feel the need to be right. Whatever you say...you can stop reading here and sit back being "right". You win!












For those who are interested in actual facts and can READ rather than assume. ITAR restricted items, regardless of whether the can be legally possessed in the U.S., are NOT auctioned off after being seized. Such items are governed by the State Department not US Customs and Border Protection. Disposition of said items are governed under 22 USC 401, which does include sale. BUT if brandy did a little more homework and read some annual GAO reports, NO weapons related items are put up for auction. PERIOD.

I can't help but wonder: What the hell kind of podunk town does brandy lives in? Why would I be going thorugh on a horse? And a gin mill? Jeez, are your parents cousins or related in some way? I'm not judging, but it would explain a lot. Especially the sheep comments. They must REALLY love them sheep in those parts.

As for the Kenyan? I'll assume brandy means the Commander in Chief. I wouldn't know if he loves me, but being that I swore an oath, I'll decline commenting on whatever he might feel. Yeah that's right, call me a sheep for that...really don't give a crap. This sheep and his flock has been deployed 4 times in the last 8 years. For what? So you people like brandy can spew their ignorance. Baaa-motherf*****-baaaaa!

I know you're still reading, so get a clue. People who bring up 9/11 to use as some tool to prove a point, only serve to show their ignorance. Leave it at that.

Personally, I quite enjoyed France. But to suggest the U.S. is turning into France? Ummm, yeah perhaps with more people like YOU, it will. A closed minded person who whines about the laws and policies of a nation you have no problems enjoying freedoms in. Seriously, with all the rude and obnoxious folk with a better than you attitude in France? You'd fit right in.
Colt808 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 10:05 AM   #18
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DrumJunkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Here in the holler....
Posts: 4,823
Liked 1617 Times on 945 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt808 View Post
Yes okay, since you feel the need to be right. Whatever you say...you can stop reading here and sit back being "right". You win!


I can't help but wonder: What the hell kind of podunk town does brandy lives in? Why would I be going thorugh on a horse? And a gin mill? Jeez, are your parents cousins or related in some way? I'm not judging, but it would explain a lot. Especially the sheep comments. They must REALLY love them sheep in those parts.
LMAO!

I live in a podunk town where you just might see a person on a horse and there are no gin mills because it's a dry county (yes..there are still some of those ) We do not even have one actual traffic light. Well..There is that flashing yellow one in front of the fire house. But still...I do know to learn about shipping ANYTHING out of the country. It just makes sense. Even to us out here in podunk
__________________
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson
DrumJunkie is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 06:00 AM   #19
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Honolulu,Hawaii
Posts: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post
LMAO!

I live in a podunk town where you just might see a person on a horse and there are no gin mills because it's a dry county (yes..there are still some of those ) We do not even have one actual traffic light. Well..There is that flashing yellow one in front of the fire house. But still...I do know to learn about shipping ANYTHING out of the country. It just makes sense. Even to us out here in podunk
Mmm..."podunk" wasn't meant to be a crack against small town life. I actually hail from similar place near Odessa, Texas so I do know it's not a bad thing. One traffic light in the center of town and the occasional farmer crusing along the road on horseback. But you nailed it with the knowing the laws about shipping deal. Not one person in my hometown would ship crap overseas without checking. Hell, when I first deployed, my old neighbor checked with the postmaster to make sure she could mail me some smokes. And she's in her 80's! If she possess the clarity of thought to check first, theres no excuse for anyone else.

I know there are those who wonder what's the problem with mailing out of the US. The answer is simple: Sh!t that doesn't get controlled ends up in places they don't belong. Just use eBay as an example...how many Eotech or Aimpoint clones do you find? Many are outwardly very close to the real deal and you just know that someone, somewhere mailed one off to be copied. Imagine the problems it'd cause if a few of those ended up in the government inventory? I for one would hate to have something fail out in the field then find out it was made by Jimmy Chang Inc.
Colt808 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 12:21 PM   #20
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DrumJunkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Here in the holler....
Posts: 4,823
Liked 1617 Times on 945 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt808 View Post
Mmm..."podunk" wasn't meant to be a crack against small town life. I actually hail from similar place near Odessa, Texas so I do know it's not a bad thing. One traffic light in the center of town and the occasional farmer crusing along the road on horseback. But you nailed it with the knowing the laws about shipping deal. Not one person in my hometown would ship crap overseas without checking. Hell, when I first deployed, my old neighbor checked with the postmaster to make sure she could mail me some smokes. And she's in her 80's! If she possess the clarity of thought to check first, theres no excuse for anyone else.

I know there are those who wonder what's the problem with mailing out of the US. The answer is simple: Sh!t that doesn't get controlled ends up in places they don't belong. Just use eBay as an example...how many Eotech or Aimpoint clones do you find? Many are outwardly very close to the real deal and you just know that someone, somewhere mailed one off to be copied. Imagine the problems it'd cause if a few of those ended up in the government inventory? I for one would hate to have something fail out in the field then find out it was made by Jimmy Chang Inc.

Heh, man I wasn't taking it as a dig. Just thought it was king of funny because I was an eBay seller and before I got into it I looked over a TON of paperwork making sure that when I sent something I wouldn't end up with my tit in a wringer as Dad used to say.
__________________
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson
DrumJunkie is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Canada + AR-15 Hard2Shoot General Rifle Discussion 7 11-15-2010 02:39 AM
Warning from the CDC. Jo da Plumbr The Club House 5 02-17-2010 09:11 PM
Let this be a warning! zhuk Politics, Religion and Controversy 8 08-27-2009 09:11 AM