Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > WARNING: DO NOT USE OpticSale.com!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2010, 08:07 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 2

Default WARNING: DO NOT USE OpticSale.com!!!

Take my word for it and do not buy from OpticSale.com.

I ordered a Bushnell Holosight from them, it was supposed to arrive in 3-7 days, after waiting twice that I called them and was informed that it was not available any more and I could be "upgraded" to an EOTech for $160 more. I told them no thanks as nobody bothered to contact me to tell me about the holosight being out of stock. So I got a refund.....so I thought. The customer service rep said that I should see the refund in 12-24 hours no more than 48. After 5 days and no refund I opened a claim with PayPal which is how I paid, thank god, and in less than 12 hours I had my money back.

Upon doing further research on OpticSale I found that I am not the only one that has been taken for there money by these criminals. According to the BBB they do not accredit OpticSale and they are under investigation for fraud.

Just stay away, I guess it goes back to the whole "Too good to be true" saying........

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” -HST

"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upwardly mobile—and the rest of us are F###ed until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. We owe that to ourselves and our crippled self-image as something better than a nation of panicked sheep."-HST

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-11-2010, 02:23 AM   #2

Liked 1406 Times on 805 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

** bump **

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 04-11-2010, 03:37 AM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Nice to know what to stay away from. Ever try Optics Planet.com?

Old 04-11-2010, 04:52 AM   #4

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 43

I've used Optics Planet several times and they have been GTG.

Old 04-11-2010, 05:14 AM   #5

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Thanks for the heads up. I just made a puchase from optics planet, no shipping charges and the scope arrived to NJ from Ill (i think) in 3 business days. No complaints there.

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. Thomas Jefferson

Old 04-11-2010, 06:07 AM   #6
Kostriker
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1421 Times on 817 Posts
Likes Given: 2908

I done business with Optics Planet through Amazon and straight outright with no issues. Looking at the website for Binoculars - Radar Detectors - Riflescopes - Radar Guns - Scopes is totally different from Optics Planet not the same company.

Here is the website for Optics Planet OpticsPlanet.com - Binoculars, Sunglasses, Night Vision Goggles, Riflescopes, Flashlights, Telescopes, Rangefinders, Microscopes - Hunting, Outdoor, Science, & Military Gear

Old 08-17-2010, 02:26 PM   #7

I second this. Optics sale is horrible. Optics planet is great. I tried to order a knife from them. I ordered it an waited a week later I called them and they said it would ship out today. After 2 more days of not shipping I Called them and they then said it was backordered. Despite their 4.5 star rating on Google, read the actually reviews and you all see that there is no way they could deserve 4 stars.

Old 08-17-2010, 06:47 PM   #8

Liked 32 Times on 27 Posts

I use one of two places for optics.

SWFA Quality optics and accessories from Leupold, Bushnell, Burris, Nikon and more!

and

Optics Planet OpticsPlanet – Best Binoculars, Night Vision, Rifle Scopes, Sunglasses, Flashlights, Telescopes, Range Finders, Microscopes & more on SALE

Old 08-17-2010, 06:50 PM   #9

Liked 1406 Times on 805 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

+ 1 Brett, I've used both with great results.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello