Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Optics & Mounts (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f65/)
-   -   WARNING: DO NOT USE OpticSale.com!!! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f65/warning-do-not-use-opticsale-com-25890/)

DrGonzo11 04-10-2010 08:07 PM

WARNING: DO NOT USE OpticSale.com!!!

Take my word for it and do not buy from OpticSale.com.

I ordered a Bushnell Holosight from them, it was supposed to arrive in 3-7 days, after waiting twice that I called them and was informed that it was not available any more and I could be "upgraded" to an EOTech for $160 more. I told them no thanks as nobody bothered to contact me to tell me about the holosight being out of stock. So I got a refund.....so I thought. The customer service rep said that I should see the refund in 12-24 hours no more than 48. After 5 days and no refund I opened a claim with PayPal which is how I paid, thank god, and in less than 12 hours I had my money back.

Upon doing further research on OpticSale I found that I am not the only one that has been taken for there money by these criminals. According to the BBB they do not accredit OpticSale and they are under investigation for fraud.

Just stay away, I guess it goes back to the whole "Too good to be true" saying........

canebrake 04-11-2010 02:23 AM

** bump **

Ruzai 04-11-2010 03:37 AM

Nice to know what to stay away from. Ever try Optics Planet.com?

M14sRock 04-11-2010 04:52 AM

I've used Optics Planet several times and they have been GTG.

pandamonium 04-11-2010 05:14 AM

Thanks for the heads up. I just made a puchase from optics planet, no shipping charges and the scope arrived to NJ from Ill (i think) in 3 business days. No complaints there.

Bigcountry02 04-11-2010 06:07 AM

I done business with Optics Planet through Amazon and straight outright with no issues. Looking at the website for Binoculars - Radar Detectors - Riflescopes - Radar Guns - Scopes is totally different from Optics Planet not the same company.

Here is the website for Optics Planet OpticsPlanet.com - Binoculars, Sunglasses, Night Vision Goggles, Riflescopes, Flashlights, Telescopes, Rangefinders, Microscopes - Hunting, Outdoor, Science, & Military Gear

Jedi940 08-17-2010 02:26 PM

I second this. Optics sale is horrible. Optics planet is great. I tried to order a knife from them. I ordered it an waited a week later I called them and they said it would ship out today. After 2 more days of not shipping I Called them and they then said it was backordered. Despite their 4.5 star rating on Google, read the actually reviews and you all see that there is no way they could deserve 4 stars.

cpttango30 08-17-2010 06:47 PM

I use one of two places for optics.

SWFA Quality optics and accessories from Leupold, Bushnell, Burris, Nikon and more!

and

Optics Planet OpticsPlanet – Best Binoculars, Night Vision, Rifle Scopes, Sunglasses, Flashlights, Telescopes, Range Finders, Microscopes & more on SALE

canebrake 08-17-2010 06:50 PM

+ 1 Brett, I've used both with great results.