Vortex vs. Leupold vs. Bushnell vs. NIkon - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Vortex vs. Leupold vs. Bushnell vs. NIkon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2013, 12:10 PM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Hi try a King Scopes one of the clearest scopes i ever seen .

Old 02-18-2013, 09:10 PM   #52

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCW9 View Post
Hi all I wanted to see if anybody has any experience with Vortex optics and how they measured up to the Leupold, Bushnells, and Nikons. I wanted to see how their glass does for everybody and if anybody has had any problems with fogging or what not. Thanks
Vortex is far and above all other optics I have used. I have Vortex scopes on all my rifles. Bino's are excellent. So are their rangefinders.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:13 PM   #53

Liked 13 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxmuddog View Post

Vortex is far and above all other optics I have used. I have Vortex scopes on all my rifles. Bino's are excellent. So are their rangefinders.
I have several of thier optics as well. I stand by a great product and vortex has it. Warranty is amazing

Old 03-26-2013, 11:28 PM   #54

Liked 158 Times on 111 Posts
Likes Given: 171

All I know is that they make some very nice red dots.

Old 03-27-2013, 01:37 PM   #55

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Vortex is CRYSTAL CLEAR. a guy did like a scope shoot out between the vortex diamondback Nikon red field revolution bushnell 3200 and Burris fullfield 2 and the vortex dominated. He was comparing the glass and eye relied to the thousand dollar Zeus and conquests. I have one in a 4-12x40 with adjustable objective. That thing makes me feel like I'm at the eye doctor gettin my upgraded from 20:20!! The clarity is amazing. The durability is outstanding. Go to YouTube and search vortex diamondback review or test and a man will put it through a series of tests such as leaving it in freezer for 24 hours. Dropping it. And submerging in water for 24 hours. At the end, perfectly clear. The scope is the best of its class hands down. Only 300 on amazon. 2 day shipping for free with free trial of amazon prime and no tax. Great deal for superb scope.

3Now therefore, gather your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field to hunt game for me.4 And make me savory food, such as I love and bring it to me that I may eat..(Genesis 27:3-4)

Old 06-13-2013, 06:58 PM   #56

Liked 1396 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 1932

I own them all. Vortex is good in their higher end scopes only.

Leupold would be the best of the bunch. It is priced accordingly. There is nothing wrong with the Bushnell Elite line and their warranty is also lifetime.

Bushnell Legend HD is, IMO, the best scope for the money........Bar none.

C.S.S.A.; N.F.A.; N.R.A. Life Member
Make the world a better place; have your liberal spayed or neutered.

Old 07-03-2013, 03:19 AM   #57
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1047 Times on 632 Posts
Likes Given: 229

How appropriate to see this thread after looking at scopes yesterday for my AR build.

Looked at just nikon and leupold. In the same price category, and just looking across the cabela's store (stated as 125 yds), I noticed leupold was much much clearer than nikon, which shocked me.

Guess I need to go back and if they have vortex there too

Old 07-03-2013, 06:40 PM   #58

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I've had Leupold Vari x III scopes on my .270 and 30-06 for over 20 years and they are both as good as the day I put them on. I really couldn't be happier with them.

Your results may vary, but I've dragged them all over the Country on hunts and they are darn good scopes in any light or weather condition.

I'd rather have a gun and not need it, than need one and not have it!

Old 07-05-2013, 04:39 PM   #59

Liked 21 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I retired a Bushnell 4200 Elite 6-24x50 FFP mil/mil, replacing it with a Vortex Viper PST 4-16x50 FFP mil/mil. It was a notable improvement in image quality and the difference in turrets was a BIG improvement.

The 4200 turrets are "mushy", IMO, when changing elevation or windage while the Viper PST is sharp and distinct....and you gotta love the zero stop on the elevation adjustment.

The Viper PST has an illuminated reticle but I find no need to use it unless I'm shooting in a dawn/dusk situation.

Two years ago, I had the chance to take a Precision Rifle course and used the Viper PST while doing so. I had purchased it just a few months prior, zeroed it at the range, and had about 100 rounds down range using it. Needless to say, I made countless windage and elevation adjustments during the 4 day course. Every time I dialed the turrets back to their zero positions, bullet impact was right back on the bull at 100 yards.

The next scope I purchase will be a Vortex, no doubt about it.

Stu
www.stu-offroad.com

Last edited by arizona98tj; 07-05-2013 at 04:43 PM.

Old 07-19-2013, 03:01 PM   #60

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Vortex is GREAT. The company itself is very VERY good and their products are even better. Optics wise I would go with Nikon or Vortex as Bushnell seems to have severely gone down in quality. Nikon glass is great for clear viewing and Vortex adds lots of options.