Vortex Viper scopes - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Vortex Viper scopes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2011, 02:33 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 430 Times on 283 Posts
Likes Given: 34

I put the Vortex Viper 6.5-20x44 with a 30mm tube on my .25-06. I went with the target dot reticle that has since been discontinued and it is hands down the best scope in its price category.

SWFA website puts out a yearly ranking of the different scopes and they have a set of criteria that they grade all the scopes on. Vortex scopes are almost always ranked higher than you'd think. I plan on buying more of them!

Old 03-03-2011, 03:53 AM   #12

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Depends on how cheap of a Vortex you are planning to buy. I just ordered the Viper PST 4-16X50 with MOA reticle and front focal plane. There aren't a lot of choices for FFP and MOA. It was put on backorder almost immediately. They emailed me and said orders were all expected to be filled early to mid March. This is going to be mounted on my Rem 700 SPS tactical w/20moa mount and heavy rings. BTW, the PST line is NOT "Made in China". I'm sure their entry level stuff is though. Everyones entry level junk seems to be or MiM. :-( If this scope is what they advertise, I'm going to be ordering the 1-4X PST on my flat, Hbar AR.

Give a man a match and he'll be warm for a few seconds. Light him on FIRE and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Old 03-05-2011, 12:33 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1203 Times on 672 Posts
Likes Given: 500

Default Vortex Viper

The tag on the Vortex scope on my AR states it was "made in Philippines".

Old 03-06-2011, 05:42 PM   #14

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatoragn View Post
The tag on the Vortex scope on my AR states it was "made in Philippines".
Yep. That would be consistant with Vortex's build specs. Their glass and components are made in Japan. They are put together in the Philippines. I defy someone to put up a Vortex with HD glass against the Leupold at the same price range. Being that I own both, I'll know right away when they are full of ****. Dont get me wrong, I like my Leupold but they are very limited right now in options like FFP and or MOA Reticles. That being said, don't waste your money trying to put cheap entry level crap on a 10FP. There are plenty of sub $1K optics out there that will provide you great use. There are no new sub $200 variable power optics worth fittting to that action. Enjoy that thing.

Give a man a match and he'll be warm for a few seconds. Light him on FIRE and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!