Vortex Rangefinder????
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Vortex Rangefinder????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2012, 07:14 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 1

Default Vortex Rangefinder????

Anyone get their hands on one of these yet? I think it's called a Ranger 1000? How good are they? Guessing by price they probably won't be obviously as nice as a Leica, but where are they at in comparison with quality with for instance a Nikon of equal ranging ability???? Just curious I guess. I don't even know if they have been out long enough for anybody to have a lot of time behind one yet.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-28-2012, 07:17 PM   #2

Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrb1982
Anyone get their hands on one of these yet? I think it's called a Ranger 1000? How good are they? Guessing by price they probably won't be obviously as nice as a Leica, but where are they at in comparison with quality with for instance a Nikon of equal ranging ability???? Just curious I guess. I don't even know if they have been out long enough for anybody to have a lot of time behind one yet.
I have a swaro, an the vortex 1000, they read to within 3 yrds of each other an the swaro was over $2k so yes the vortex is very good quality

Old 06-28-2012, 07:27 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muliemaster View Post
I have a swaro, an the vortex 1000, they read to within 3 yrds of each other an the swaro was over $2k so yes the vortex is very good quality
Cool. I have a buddy who has a Nikon and a Leica, and he said his one complaint about the Nikon is it was kinda slow and had difficulty making it read compared to the Leica sometimes.

Is the Vortex fairly efficient or is it slow to read? And does it pick up well at the long ranges?

Old 06-28-2012, 07:36 PM   #4

Quote:

Cool. I have a buddy who has a Nikon and a Leica, and he said his one complaint about the Nikon is it was kinda slow and had difficulty making it read compared to the Leica sometimes.

Is the Vortex fairly efficient or is it slow to read? And does it pick up well at the long ranges?
Very fast pick up on the vortex also not near as picky as the nikon or leupolds that my friends use as far as the object you are wanting to range

Old 06-28-2012, 07:38 PM   #5

Quote:

Its long range pick up will impress you as well

Old 06-28-2012, 07:39 PM   #6

Quote:

Im messing with it now an at 678 yrds to my mail box the swaro reads 679 an the vortex is 678

Old 06-28-2012, 08:35 PM   #7

Quote:
Im messing with it now an at 678 yrds to my mail box the swaro reads 679 an the vortex is 678
That's really cool. I guess what I have heard when it comes to longer ranges with some of these finders is that they tend not to read as well out long as they should so the fact that it picks up that well at that long is pretty good. I know that there is probably some quality difference between the upper tier finders but I am willing to accept that for a price difference I guess. Thanks for the input.

Old 06-28-2012, 08:44 PM   #8

Quote:

That's really cool. I guess what I have heard when it comes to longer ranges with some of these finders is that they tend not to read as well out long as they should so the fact that it picks up that well at that long is pretty good. I know that there is probably some quality difference between the upper tier finders but I am willing to accept that for a price difference I guess. Thanks for the input.
Im lookin through each of mine a swaro an the vortex an cant tell a bit of difference at all pal, but in low light at the weee hrs of morn the swaro seems a very tiny bit brighter but not enough to ever spend the extra. The vortex is a very fine range finder

Old 06-28-2012, 10:24 PM   #9

Quote:
Im lookin through each of mine a swaro an the vortex an cant tell a bit of difference at all pal, but in low light at the weee hrs of morn the swaro seems a very tiny bit brighter but not enough to ever spend the extra. The vortex is a very fine range finder
That's really cool. Thanks for the input. Vortex kinda has a reputation of putting out good stuff without the price tag so I am pleased to hear your raving review, and at the time, not really surprised at all. hahaha

Old 06-28-2012, 10:42 PM   #10

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:

MAN, that's a hike to get your mail!!!!
mrb1982 Likes This