Vortex Optics: Response from Marketing Manager
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Vortex Optics: Response from Marketing Manager

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2010, 12:18 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Default Vortex Optics: Response from Marketing Manager

So, the other day I was discussing some scopes with Hot Sauce NARC and we were both interested in Vortex Riflescopes.

On the surface, they seem to have a lot of the features we would crave in a good riflescope, and they seem to be cheaper than some of the "elite" brands out there.

As we have Vortex as a shopping option to our members on Promotive, I decided to e-mail Vortex and get some information from them directly.

I got a response back from their Marketing Manager in under 6 hours. *thumbs up on that*

Hello Derek,

Thank you for contacting Vortex, I would love to help address some of your questions.

Below I have included our boiler plate that is a quick summary of Vortex. If you, or your forum members, have any more questions or would like additional information, feel free to give me a call or shoot me an e-mail,

American owned, Middleton, Wis. based Vortex Optics designs, engineers, produces and distributes a complete line of premium binoculars, riflescopes, spotting scopes, tripods and related accessories. Dedicated to exceptional quality, value and unrivaled customer service, Vortex backs its products with its unconditional, transferable, lifetime VIP-warranty. Built on more than 20 years of experience in the optics industry, Vortex is rapidly emerging as a leading brand in the optics market.

Sincerely,

Mark Boardman
Marketing Manager
Vortex Optics
2120 West Greenview Drive
Middleton, WI 53562
mboardman@vortexoptics.com

I have to say, that is pretty cool. They know they are not the biggest or the most powerful and are willing to help their market position by being customer oriented and USA made.

Based on this response, and what I have read, I am going to purchase one of their scopes for my AR project and see how they fair. Leupold is my scope of choice based on everything I have tried (still lusting for a S&B but who can afford one ), but I am open to anyone that builds a better product and stands behind it.

I hope this helps provide some information to those of you that are interested.

JD

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-17-2010, 12:39 AM   #2

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

I've got one of their SPARC 2moa red dot sights and mounts on my AR and so far it has been a great piece of lower priced gear. It cost me 199 with the mount and risers setup for absolute or 1/3 cowitness and a screw on magnification doubler. It's also waterproof and shockproof.
I priced the comparable Aimpoint Micro at a minimum $500 and it required the purchace of an approx. $100 mount.
I'm not saying its as good as a Aimpoint, The Vortex's battery life is measured in weeks and months as opposed to months and years for the Aimpoint, and while they are American owned, my red dot isn't "made in the USA". But the batteries are only a couple of dollars and it had gotten some great reviews on the net, so I figured I'd give it a shot.
So far I'm very impressed with the quality of the SPARC and the speed and quality of response that you got from them JD!

Oh, if you are interested in their riflescopes, I'm pretty sure Cane has at least one.

----------Gate
It's time to burn it down

Old 06-17-2010, 02:13 AM   #3
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1196 Times on 686 Posts
Likes Given: 575

I have looked at several Vortex scopes,the Viper and Crossfire lines. The Crossfire line is a decent scope for the price,I'd compare it to a Mueller scope with avg features/glass.
I heard great things about the Viper,but after looking at several I wasn't impressed at all with the quality of the glass for the price of it.

I have also heard great things about the Viper PST that they showed off at the SHOT show,but nobody has them yet that I'm aware of,and they would really have to be something great for me to spend the money on although they do offer some great reticles and first or second focal plane options.

There are alot of companies offering some nice warranties on their products now,so it is just something that I expect to come with any product that cost several hundred $$$.

Old 06-17-2010, 04:20 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Cool. I think I'll check out their Binos.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 06-17-2010, 06:13 AM   #5

Liked 39 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 20

This is relevant to my interests . I'm planning on putting some $$$ into a scope in the near future for an AR build, and I was looking very closely at Vortex for several reasons, and the Promotive discounts don't hurt. I definitely want to get some distance out of my AR, but I'd also like to have the option of quick-acquistion close range shooting as well. Unfortunately, the Vortex red-dot line isn't part of the promotion, but I would really like to know what can be achieved from a dot-scope with the 3x. How has this setup worked for people, and what is the max. effective range?

"Always carry a small flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite. Furthermore, always carry a small snake." W.C. Fields

Old 06-17-2010, 01:40 PM   #6

I have a Vortex Crossfire 4-16x50 scope w/ Mil Dot illum. on my long range competition rifle. I'm very pleased with Vortex. My scope has Vortex Optics USA printed on the side so I can only imagine it's made in the USA. The box it came in has no print of foreign made mfgs. The Crossfire has a yardage setting from 10yds.- infinity symbol setting. In competition I use the infinity setting for 600yds.- 1000yds.very effective and precise. The Mil Dot option offers precise windage and elevation. I have no complaints. I had this particular scope for roughly about 10 months now and would recommend Vortex scopes to anyone. Their warranty is unbeatable, imo.

Old 06-18-2010, 02:19 AM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Nice work JD. Awesome that this sounds like a great small company with competent people runninng it. Imm also glad thhat your gona take the plunge and buy one of their scopes so you can review it before I make my final decision

Old 06-18-2010, 02:28 AM   #8

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

I'll pony up the cash to give it a spin. I need to complete my AR project first, but I will gladly play the test subject....

More to follow.

Old 12-25-2012, 10:20 PM   #9

Liked 390 Times on 253 Posts
Likes Given: 1400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
So, the other day I was discussing some scopes with Hot Sauce NARC and we were both interested in Vortex Riflescopes.

On the surface, they seem to have a lot of the features we would crave in a good riflescope, and they seem to be cheaper than some of the "elite" brands out there.

As we have Vortex as a shopping option to our members on Promotive, I decided to e-mail Vortex and get some information from them directly.

I got a response back from their Marketing Manager in under 6 hours. *thumbs up on that*

Hello Derek,

Thank you for contacting Vortex, I would love to help address some of your questions.

Below I have included our boiler plate that is a quick summary of Vortex. If you, or your forum members, have any more questions or would like additional information, feel free to give me a call or shoot me an e-mail,

American owned, Middleton, Wis. based Vortex Optics designs, engineers, produces and distributes a complete line of premium binoculars, riflescopes, spotting scopes, tripods and related accessories. Dedicated to exceptional quality, value and unrivaled customer service, Vortex backs its products with its unconditional, transferable, lifetime VIP-warranty. Built on more than 20 years of experience in the optics industry, Vortex is rapidly emerging as a leading brand in the optics market.

Sincerely,

Mark Boardman
Marketing Manager
Vortex Optics
2120 West Greenview Drive
Middleton, WI 53562
mboardman@vortexoptics.com

I have to say, that is pretty cool. They know they are not the biggest or the most powerful and are willing to help their market position by being customer oriented and USA made.

Based on this response, and what I have read, I am going to purchase one of their scopes for my AR project and see how they fair. Leupold is my scope of choice based on everything I have tried (still lusting for a S&B but who can afford one ), but I am open to anyone that builds a better product and stands behind it.

I hope this helps provide some information to those of you that are interested.

JD

Nowhere in that answer does it say they are USA made.
Pay close attention to the weasel words.

Primary Rifle:
LWRC M6A2 w/ Eotech512

Primary Handgun:
Ruger GP100 Royal Phoenix

Old 12-25-2012, 10:53 PM   #10
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1196 Times on 686 Posts
Likes Given: 575

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluez View Post
Nowhere in that answer does it say they are USA made.
Pay close attention to the weasel words.
If you look hard at 100% of the scopes on the market,there aren't hardly any- Made in the USA.Most are just assembled in the USA.

99.9% of the lenses used in scopes are produced in China,the Philippines,Japan,Austria,and Germany.
The highest quality lenses come from Schott in Germany.
The lenses in Vortex scopes comes from the Philippines in their lower models,and the high end scopes have Japanese lenses.