The TruGlo Red Dot Sight
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts >

The TruGlo Red Dot Sight

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2012, 02:06 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 4 Posts

Default The TruGlo Red Dot Sight

The TruGlo Red Dot Sight

I have a drawer full of red dot sights that I purchased with great expectations and high hopes. Many just because of the high tech appearance that it gave my rifle. However, one right after the other, I was disappointed that I couldn’t sight them in, how recoil vibration quickly loosened the mount, and I couldn’t see the dot during the day. And as I am one to save the box, this is my ‘go to’ drawer for my gun friends in need of a Christmas gift. (Sorry guys. I had good intentions …)

So far I have a completely different opinion of the TruGlo Red Dot Sight. Inexpensive, I mounted this on my son’s Sig Sauer 522 chambered in .22 LR. Sighting took just a couple of dozen rounds and I probably spent more time on this than I should have due to my previous experience with other brands. Credit for my good experience in sighting the TruGlo Red Dot Sight has to go to the manufacturing expertise of both Sig Sauer and TruGlo.

There is no argument that the .22LR is a low recoil round, so vibration on the weaver style mounting was not an issue. The mounting remained tight, unmoved and on target. Not a real challenge for a careful shooter like myself. A significant result when considering my son who sees it as his mission in life to understand everything Dad does and improve on it.

Having said that, I have not tested the TruGlo Red Dot Sight on heavier calibers and online reviews for ARs or AKs may produce is different experience. So my positive comments are reserved for the .22LR. (I guess I know what I am going to do the next time I go to the range).

The brightness of the multi-reticles is outstanding! In full daylight the holographic sight is bright and clear. I like the dual red/green color option as well as the multiple sight picture options. I see no online argument here. The window is 24x34mm for a wide view and fast target acquisition. There is an anti-reflection coating on the target side as well as windage and elevation adjustments.

TruGlo offers a lifetime guarantee but will ask you to pay for shipping to their repair facility.

A good sight for the money. Just remember my caveat about using with low calibers.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-16-2012, 09:40 PM   #2

Liked 1321 Times on 748 Posts
Likes Given: 575

I have a couple of TruGlo's that can be used on shotguns that work great on my 22 Mossberg Tactical Plinkster and on one of my AR uppers.

Old 12-15-2012, 06:22 PM   #3

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeTactical-com View Post
The TruGlo Red Dot Sight

I have a drawer full of red dot sights that I purchased with great expectations and high hopes. Many just because of the high tech appearance that it gave my rifle. However, one right after the other, I was disappointed that I couldn’t sight them in, how recoil vibration quickly loosened the mount, and I couldn’t see the dot during the day. And as I am one to save the box, this is my ‘go to’ drawer for my gun friends in need of a Christmas gift. (Sorry guys. I had good intentions …)

So far I have a completely different opinion of the TruGlo Red Dot Sight. Inexpensive, I mounted this on my son’s Sig Sauer 522 chambered in .22 LR. Sighting took just a couple of dozen rounds and I probably spent more time on this than I should have due to my previous experience with other brands. Credit for my good experience in sighting the TruGlo Red Dot Sight has to go to the manufacturing expertise of both Sig Sauer and TruGlo.

There is no argument that the .22LR is a low recoil round, so vibration on the weaver style mounting was not an issue. The mounting remained tight, unmoved and on target. Not a real challenge for a careful shooter like myself. A significant result when considering my son who sees it as his mission in life to understand everything Dad does and improve on it.

Having said that, I have not tested the TruGlo Red Dot Sight on heavier calibers and online reviews for ARs or AKs may produce is different experience. So my positive comments are reserved for the .22LR. (I guess I know what I am going to do the next time I go to the range).

The brightness of the multi-reticles is outstanding! In full daylight the holographic sight is bright and clear. I like the dual red/green color option as well as the multiple sight picture options. I see no online argument here. The window is 24x34mm for a wide view and fast target acquisition. There is an anti-reflection coating on the target side as well as windage and elevation adjustments.

TruGlo offers a lifetime guarantee but will ask you to pay for shipping to their repair facility.

A good sight for the money. Just remember my caveat about using with low calibers.
I'm interested in getting a TruGlo for a lot of the reasons stated above. Would you mind telling me which model you're referring to here? I know there's a bunch of different ones available but the one you're talking about sounds like a the one I need. Thank you in advance

Paralyzed from the Neck down but still dream of shooting