Truglo issue
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Truglo issue

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2012, 06:44 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 46 Times on 30 Posts

I'm having a problem with my truglo TFO sights I installed in my sig p226 elite dark. I installed the 8front 8rear sights and it seems to shoot very low. Is this normal or bad. Because when I aim all three dots in sync the round goes about 4 inches low at 30 feet or so. Haven't been able to do up close shots but this is very aggravating seeing as I have to aim above the target to hit the target and don't know where l hitting because the gun is blocking my view. Waste of money if there is no correction for this. I emailed truglo but no response yet.

spit hell fire

Last edited by niteglock; 05-31-2012 at 05:56 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-30-2012, 02:53 AM   #2

Can anyone help with this. Anyone have any issues like this???

spit hell fire

Old 05-30-2012, 03:01 AM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5678 Times on 2965 Posts
Likes Given: 375

There are different height sights for most fixed applications. Its almost impossible to tell by looking.

I would wait for a response from truglow as it sounds like you have the wrong sight heingts for your gun.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 05-30-2012, 07:06 PM   #4

Just got off the phone with sig sauer rep and got nowhere with him. He tells me that I should be holding at a 12oclock hold which is a combat sight picture. I never held at a 12oclock hold and read that sigs are a combat sight pic and whatever the dot is on is what u will hit. So I asked him what options do i have and he said either order a number 9 sights from them for 100.00 or adjust to combat sight picture which is 12oClock hold. Such a great customer service. NOT!

spit hell fire

Old 05-30-2012, 07:15 PM   #5

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Man, I'd love to help, but I don't have any experience with sig at all.

Old 05-30-2012, 11:16 PM   #6

Truglo contacted me via email just now and I called and spoke with a tech. He was very helpful and respectful. I told him my problem and he said to send in the slide with the sights on it and the original adjustable sig sights with it, along with a target from 25 ft so they can see how low it shot and they will fix it. Finally getting somewhere. I hate sending stuff in but hey I'm out 100+ $ if I don't. Hopefully this works out.

spit hell fire

Old 05-31-2012, 05:55 PM   #7

Well I called sig again and they are sending me the fixed night sights for the p226. Because truglo tfo are not compatible with the elite dark model. So I guess I'm just going to stick with those since they are made for sigs. If anyone wants the truglo TFO sig 8,8 sights, I'll sell them cheap. I'll post them in the classifieds soon. Just let me know.

spit hell fire