Truglo 30mm red dot...
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Truglo 30mm red dot...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2011, 06:45 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default Truglo 30mm red dot...

Has anyone had experience with this optic? I just got my side rail mount for my bulgy ak74 and am considering using this particular sight. Any opinions/suggestions

ThinkFast...your life depends on it.

www.thinkfastholsters.com
www.facebook.com/thinkfastholsters
Instagram @thinkfastholsters

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-22-2011, 04:14 AM   #2

Bump for reply

Old 08-22-2011, 12:36 PM   #3

Liked 46 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombihunter804 View Post
Has anyone had experience with this optic? I just got my side rail mount for my bulgy ak74 and am considering using this particular sight. Any opinions/suggestions
I put one on a Winchester 1300 slug gun and it held up Ok. That is my only experience with them so I don't know if they are great sights or I just lucked out but I would not have a problem buying another one.

Old 08-22-2011, 01:50 PM   #4

Liked 19 Times on 14 Posts

Quote:
Yes, just bought one for my Mossberg 500. LIke it very much (once I mounted in facing the right direction)!

I got the very inexpensive model (TG8030P) that has end caps that don't flip up and can't be seen through. Paid $40 @ Dick's Sporting Goods. Gander Mountain has it for $30, I believe.

I think the more common (and more expensive) model is the TG8030B. It has the flip-up, see-though lens caps. If this model was available to me at the store, I probably would have bought this one, as the removable, solid caps are less convenient and less user-friendly.

The windage and elevation adjustments require a flat-head screwdriver (or coin) and are indexed (click).

"Ideology deludes, inspires dishonesty, and breeds fanaticism. Facts, experience, and logic are much better at leading you to the truth."

"Despite the conviction and seeming depth of knowledge with which ideologues speak, they are intellectual weaklings--joiners--who defer to systems of belief and charismatic gurus for their ideas." -- Daniel J. Flynn

GOA

Last edited by knfxda; 08-22-2011 at 01:58 PM.

Old 08-22-2011, 04:11 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I have a Truglo TG8030DB in my shopping cart at Amazon right now and will buy it later this week. It has red or green dot options and the flip up/see through lens caps.

I'm going to mount it on my Mossberg 9200 when I pick it up. The gunsmith I deal with has one on his shotgun and he's very happy with it. He trains a bunch at Front Sight and has taken that shotgun and scope combination through some of their courses. That suggests to me that it's a pretty decent and stout sight for the money.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 08-22-2011, 06:07 PM   #6

Thanks a bunch guys! If you are mounting on shotguns I'm sure it'll hold up on a 5.45

Old 08-22-2011, 07:53 PM   #7

Liked 19 Times on 14 Posts

Quote:
Thanks a bunch guys! If you are mounting on shotguns I'm sure it'll hold up on a 5.45
They claim on their website, that this RDS will withstand 1000g.