Which Trijocon RMR is the best?

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Which Trijocon RMR is the best?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2014, 06:11 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 16 Times on 13 Posts

Default Which Trijocon RMR is the best?

Ok so I'm having a TA31 ACOG built for me but I'm not sure which RMR I want. Which one is the best and why? I haven't read up all that much on them like I probably should but I know there's a battery powered version and a chevron powered version. I'd like the chevron powered one because it requires no batteries and lasts 10-15 years. That and it'll match the ACOG well. But which RMR is better? Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-24-2014, 09:57 PM   #2

Liked 265 Times on 210 Posts
Likes Given: 27

Used on what firearm and for what distances?? I set up a M&P optic ready pro with a trijicon dual illumination model with a 9" green dot. The dot sets right on top of the tall sights on the pistol. That's gives a 4 1/2" dot at 50 yards and 2 1/4" at 25. Needs no battery and will serve for both CC and fun with some match use .

I have used and still use battery powered 2 moa dots on hunting revolvers good for palm of your hand groups at 100 yards. I'm not one that likes any electronic as a primary on a rifle /carbine . Give me a 1-4 or 1-6 any day, add a lighted reticle if you got to have one. Now if your wanting reflex style, if on a carbine you might also look at mepro 21. mor or m5. These large units that use batterys can last up to 8000 hours and changing batteries just ain't that big a deal to me.

Last edited by hardluk1; 08-24-2014 at 09:59 PM.

Old 08-24-2014, 10:41 PM   #3

It's for my HSP Jack

Old 08-25-2014, 12:47 PM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5801 Times on 3029 Posts
Likes Given: 397

I've got the green chevron version and I realllllllllllllly like the trijicon green. But if I had to do-overs I would go with the biggest moa red dot rmr trijicon makes. On lowlight days or looking from dark to light as in standing in the shade the green is nearly invisible.

I thought it would work like a acog but I didn't do enough research. There is no reticle etched on like the acog or accupoints so if you lose illumination under certain lighting you do not have the etched black reticle to fall back on.

The rmr 08g/a/r is a range toy not a serious combat/self defense optic. Get the battery powered version.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 08-26-2014, 04:32 PM   #5

Liked 265 Times on 210 Posts
Likes Given: 27

On a carbine . Nope I would not use any reflex as a primary. I would look for a 1" circle dot or 2" dot like a mps3 or mp4 from aimpoint with up to 80,000 hours on one AA battery. .

Old 08-26-2014, 09:23 PM   #6

Well I'm getting an ACOG, I'm just not sure as to which RMR I want yet

Old 08-26-2014, 11:08 PM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5801 Times on 3029 Posts
Likes Given: 397

my suggestion is shoot with the acog sans rmr. i use a ta31fg on my carbine and its fast up close i dont see a need for a secondary optic.

try it for a while before springing for the rmr. you might be like me and not need it.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...