Trijicon TA33G-H ACOG - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Trijicon TA33G-H ACOG

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2013, 02:16 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5830 Times on 3296 Posts
Likes Given: 5310

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911love View Post
Cool. Thanks again Loc. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks top quality glass is as important as the platform it rides on. Most people I shoot with wouldn't spend that much for glass.

Kinda strange isn't it. Like folks who buy a Corvette and put "el cheapo" K-Mart tires on it.

Winston Churchill

Old 03-25-2013, 04:59 PM   #22
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5747 Times on 3002 Posts
Likes Given: 380

Quote:
Thanks again Jon! I'm getting pretty close to having the purchase price saved, can't help myself from doing more research! Jon, how many ACOGs have you owned?
I have one acog and one accupoint 10x both with green reticles. Mine is the chevron version. I dont have another rifle that needs the capability of an acog.

If a meteor fell on the one i have i would definately get another one. Altho i dont think even a meteor strike would hurt it....

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 03-25-2013, 05:33 PM   #23

Liked 638 Times on 385 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Those accupoints look sweet. They look like a good ar/spr optic. I'm afraid of what will happen when I buy the ACOG. From what you guys are saying, I'll be saving for another one as soon as I use the thing for the first time.

Old 03-25-2013, 08:26 PM   #24
FTF_MODERATOR.png

My only negative on the acog is its only really good on ar15 scar and other low recoil type flattop rifles. This is due to the short eye relief. If there was a longer eye relief acog it would definately find a home on my 458winmag!!

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 03-26-2013, 06:28 PM   #25

Jon, where would you say the Accupoint excels? Btw I want to mount it on a Stg-556. I just bought a MeproLight M21, but I also want a longer range optic too. My Stg is a flat top.

Old 03-27-2013, 03:57 PM   #26

Liked 42 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 2

While you're waiting for JonM's response, I'll interject this...

I have an AccuPoint 3-9x40 w/ green mil-dot reticle on a hunting AR, and in addition to Trijicon's clear glass and built-like-a-tank construction, this scope has excellent low-light capabilities with its fiber optic/tritium reticle and lens coatings, so important in many hunting situations. It makes a fine hunting scope or target optic, for that matter.

I use the mil-dots for longer range hold over rather than ranging capabilites. In my case hunting with a 6.8SPC, I'm sighted in at 200 yards, and at my maximum range for deer hunting with this cartridge of 300 yards, I hold over one mil-dot.

For a self defense use I'd look elsewhere at either red dots or ACOGS.

XD-40 service, XD-9sc, member GeorgiaCarry.Org, National Rifle Association, Gun Owners of America, North American Hunting Club, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation

Old 03-27-2013, 04:24 PM   #27
FTF_MODERATOR.png

accupoints are superb hunting and designated marksmen scopes for medium range application. if you need a rugged optic with superb lowlight to bright light capability they are fantastic.

accupoints are quite as rugged as acogs but you get much better precision. acogs are minute of goblin accupoints are which spot on the goblin do you want to hit.

like any scope its not good for cqb while the acog is. the accupoint is an excellent choice for hunting target shooting varminting but not kicking in doors or something i would put on a generic patrol rifle.

i may end up putting an accupoint on my 458

Old 03-27-2013, 08:34 PM   #28

Well dang, now I want an Accupoint. I bet it would be pretty sweet on those new .300 Win Mag ARs.

Old 03-27-2013, 10:08 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5830 Times on 3296 Posts
Likes Given: 5310

Quote:
Those accupoints look sweet. They look like a good ar/spr optic. I'm afraid of what will happen when I buy the ACOG. From what you guys are saying, I'll be saving for another one as soon as I use the thing for the first time.

I think you can count on that!

I have three!

Winston Churchill

Old 03-27-2013, 11:45 PM   #30

Just got my optic rail in today. I'll post some pics after dinner. Mmm, Trijicon. Thanks guys, you are helping my bank account become low-capacity.