Trijicon TA33G-H ACOG - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Trijicon TA33G-H ACOG

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2013, 10:12 PM   #11
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5801 Times on 3029 Posts
Likes Given: 397

several of our vendors on ftf stock them cameraland being one.

i would skip the larue mount, i totally disagree with treehugger on that. the larue mounts are total junk in my opinion. i had one of their rco mounts (still got it) the lock lever wedge that holds the optic to the rail digs in and starts scalloping out hunks of rail material. over time mine loosed up from damage to the rail. failure to hold zero without doing damage to a pricey rifle makes larue a total skip in my book.

i replaced my larue mounts with ones from american defense manufacturing here in wisconsin. superb mounts rock solid with repeatable return zero no matter how many times its mounted and dismounted.

larues ship with soft non-hardened screws that will strip out if you ever need to remove the mount from the optic. had to drill out my pricey acog to get those pos larue screws out. fortunately i didnt damage the threads.

best thing of using adm mounts is you never have to deal with the arrogance of larue tactical!!

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 03-20-2013, 03:47 AM   #12

Liked 640 Times on 386 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Thanks Treehugger, I saw that, but heard about what JonM said concerning rail damage. I've heard of the ADMs, but don't know much about them. I'll be doing more research for sure.

Thanks again guys, these are really expensive so I need any info available before buying. Once I get it I'll have to do a write up to "pay it forward" for the next guy. Thanks again and any other info will be greatly appreciated.

Old 03-23-2013, 09:28 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5938 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 5487

I have the TA31h with red horseshoe/dot on my colt 6940.

I love it. Fast and accurate.

Winston Churchill

Old 03-23-2013, 09:32 PM   #14

How do you like when shooting 50 yards and under? Are you happy with the reticle brightness in extreme sunlight and also when shooting from the shade/dark room into extreme sunlight? Thanks.

Old 03-23-2013, 10:13 PM   #15
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5801 Times on 3029 Posts
Likes Given: 397

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911love View Post
How do you like when shooting 50 yards and under? Are you happy with the reticle brightness in extreme sunlight and also when shooting from the shade/dark room into extreme sunlight? Thanks.
the reticle on the acogs shows up extremely well under all lighting conditions. in extreme bright light you could swear they were battery powered. being int he shaded area or even dark looking out into bright light is not an issue with these optics. its simply amazing how they adjust to ambient lighting conditions. thats the huge advantage is not having to fidle with brightness settings.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 03-23-2013, 11:45 PM   #16

Thanks again Jon! I'm getting pretty close to having the purchase price saved, can't help myself from doing more research! Jon, how many ACOGs have you owned?

Old 03-24-2013, 03:16 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I currently own three. I've been completely satisfied with all three. Near perfect under any lighting conditions, and really great in low light.

Winston Churchill

Old 03-24-2013, 03:25 PM   #18

Thanks Loc. What models do you own? What is your opinion of reticle choices?

Old 03-24-2013, 08:58 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911love View Post
Thanks Loc. What models do you own? What is your opinion of reticle choices?
TA31h
TA45R4
TA33RH

I really like all three. I'm not sure that I could pick a favorite among these three.

The TA45R4 just may be a bit more precise due to the crosshair, and the other two just a hair faster to acquire. But if there really is a difference it's small.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that whatever reticle strikes your fancy will probably satisfy your needs.

Winston Churchill

Old 03-25-2013, 04:36 AM   #20

Cool. Thanks again Loc. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks top quality glass is as important as the platform it rides on. Most people I shoot with wouldn't spend that much for glass.