Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Optics & Mounts (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f65/)
-   -   Trijicon and eotech (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f65/trijicon-eotech-52772/)

GUNBOSS1031 11-30-2011 06:05 AM

Trijicon and eotech

I belive that these to companys need to come to gether to make a holo x1 scope with the trijicon no batterie sytems give a hooah if you agree!

pipeman525 12-02-2011 03:15 AM

Interesting concept. Where would you put the fiber optics tube though?

SWBMOAMP2691 12-02-2011 03:56 AM

Hooah, but that might take away FTP
The whole "holographic" system. A similar one with a Tritium reticle would be nice but it wouldn't be a true holographic sight. Would be tight though to eliminate batteries.

GUNBOSS1031 12-03-2011 06:47 AM

Yes it would

countryboy 12-03-2011 12:06 PM

Look into the mepro light reflex. I'm trying to find someone with first hand knowledge, but it seems like they've already beat you to the punch.

EXPENDABLE

Upon review, trijicon does offer one called the reflex. The tx34 model looks military grade and has a 42mm objective, only down side is it has a 4.5 moa single dot reticle.

AgentTikki 12-09-2011 11:01 PM

just get an aimpoint.

Leave it on.

Replace the battery, every 4 years.

pagj17 12-10-2011 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by countryboy
Look into the mepro light reflex. I'm trying to find someone with first hand knowledge, but it seems like they've already beat you to the punch.

EXPENDABLE

Upon review, trijicon does offer one called the reflex. The tx34 model looks military grade and has a 42mm objective, only down side is it has a 4.5 moa single dot reticle.

The trijicon reflex sights are milspec, as if I'm not mistaken they're in the SopMod kit.

Sniper03 12-10-2011 01:19 AM

Something along that line would be great but impossible. You can not have a tritium system act like a holographic due to the fact the Holographic Sight has a projected reticle that is projected on to a lens. And the tritium is a radio active insert. That is why no cheek weld is needed to shoot a target with the holographic and you can also have snow or mud almost completely cover the lens and still see the reticle and operate the system. Basically being jet fighter sight technology that is why it works so well. I certainly like Trijicon also, have one! But each has a specific application. You are correct about magnification regarding co witnessing and other issues. Pro Points are also good units for applications. It would be great if you could commingle the designs but very different in context! The idea of the 1 X is great for co-witness applications. Each has a very good purpose for the applications to be used.

tankmechanic 01-02-2012 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sniper03
Something along that line would be great but impossible. You can not have a tritium system act like a holographic due to the fact the Holographic Sight has a projected reticle that is projected on to a lens. And the tritium is a radio active insert. That is why no cheek weld is needed to shoot a target with the holographic and you can also have snow or mud almost completely cover the lens and still see the reticle and operate the system. Basically being jet fighter sight technology that is why it works so well. I certainly like Trijicon also, have one! But each has a specific application. You are correct about magnification regarding co witnessing and other issues. Pro Points are also good units for applications. It would be great if you could commingle the designs but very different in context! The idea of the 1 X is great for co-witness applications. Each has a very good purpose for the applications to be used.

Thats a Buzz kill

Chandler51 01-07-2012 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sniper03

Somebody always has to bring the "science" to the party... ;)