Thoughts on Sightmark?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Thoughts on Sightmark?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2011, 03:47 PM   #1
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 464 Times on 254 Posts

Default Thoughts on Sightmark?

What are the thoughts on Sightmark scopes? Has anyone have experience with their products.

How do they hold up?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-05-2011, 05:52 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I have never had one, but that won't stop me from giving an opinion.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 02-05-2011, 09:29 PM   #3

Liked 710 Times on 488 Posts
Likes Given: 730

All I see is cutting edge glass and coatings over and over. The words Duty and tactical come up on every scope also in their ads. Sounds like a Barska ad.
What are you thinking of putting it on??

If it is a larger bore, with some recoil, take a look at Sightron SI scopes. I have a standard 3-9x40mm on my BLR. It has been great.
Sightron Riflescopes / Binoculars / Sighting Scopes product pages. SI Series -

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Old 02-05-2011, 09:42 PM   #4

Liked 109 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Sightmark now owns Yukon. I bought a Yukon spotting scope a while back and after two uses I found that the eyepiece threaded part that screws into the body had cracked and wouldn't allow the eyepiece to tighten properly.

I called the customer service and as I was explaining the problem, the customer service rep stopped me and asked if I had model XXXXX. I did, and she said say no more, box the entire contents up and send it back, we'll send you out a new one.

For an inexpensive spotting scope it does real well for distance and clarity. I can't say what their rifle scopes are like but if they are like the spotting scopes, I think they would be good, and customer service is excellent.

"As an American, I was not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials"...Newt Gingrich

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Old 02-05-2011, 11:11 PM   #5
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 464 Times on 254 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpattersonnh View Post
What are you thinking of putting it on??
I suppose a Mini-14 now.

Old 02-06-2011, 05:04 AM   #6
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1908 Times on 1103 Posts
Likes Given: 3902

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shihan View Post
What are the thoughts on Sightmark scopes? Has anyone have experience with their products.

How do they hold up?
I have the Sightmark 8.5 - 25X50 Scope. I put it on the S&W MP 15-22 first, at 100 yards on target. Might get another one for the Mossberg Rifle.

Last edited by Bigcountry02; 02-06-2011 at 05:08 AM.

Old 02-06-2011, 04:25 PM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

The sightmark mini red dot that runs $100 is a good deal, so far it holds zero but is a bit difficult to adjust since there is no definite measurements on the elevation and windage screws. They do give you a little measurement wheel you put the screwdriver through and adjust with but it doesnt do much good since its too big to use on the thing. Other than that, its held up to sustained 22lr fire several hundred and counting. I do like that it has a click switch with off, low, and high brightness settings instead of the little brightness detector on the Bushnell Fastfire II.

I'm already surrounded by half-dead brainless people already, the zombie apocalypse would just give me a reason to be productive and get rid of them.