thoughts on counter sniper scope?? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > thoughts on counter sniper scope??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2010, 07:53 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonpa View Post
my friend just dropped off his 300 winmag and his new counter sniper 3-25x56 for me to put on and sight in.i do this all the time for my friends.i mount the scope.the 1st thing i find wrong is that the rings wont lay flush to the base because of the bolt that you tighten the mounts with hits and wont go down into the grove.so i dremel the weaver base to make the groves big enough.that worked but shouldnt have had to be done.next i bore sight it and it dosent have enough adjustment to even bore sight it.i know you can shim it but this is ridicoulus on a supposedly quality tactical scope that our military supposedly uses.which i highly doubt but i could be wrong with our current administration.next i look through the scope at my 100yd target to find that the scope is hazy,so i assume this is a focal adjustment.i adjusted it every way possible and it is just a hazy scope.then i shot it.after the first shot there was a black floater in the scope.after the second shot it cleared up.i would never buy one of these scopes.i would buy a tasco 1st and that will never happen.i think these scopes are a scam.in counter snipers defense it is possible that this is just a bad scope but if this is an example of all of there scopes they are junk.i hate junk scopes
Dude, take a breath!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 04-25-2010, 09:22 PM   #22
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5745 Times on 3001 Posts
Likes Given: 380

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCross7 View Post
, I don't see a need for so many knobs.

-Fred
well if you run out of ammo you can always turn the rifle over and ride it like a bicycle to safety

Old 05-08-2010, 04:12 AM   #23

Default Take a trip to www.opticstalk.com and

you'll learn they are junk.

Old 06-23-2010, 09:45 PM   #24

Default Counter Sniper Scopes

I own the C.S. 3-9x42 and have also used the 10-40x56 which I sold to a friend. These are actually very well built scopes using German Schott glass. Of course, you should have someone who knows what they are doing mount the scopes...The ones with four knobs have a paralax adjustment, and, yes the third knob is reticle switch - which is actually pretty cool and useful in low light situations. You can't beat this scope for the money.

Old 07-20-2010, 06:28 PM   #25

Liked 23 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 2

If you research on CS optics on the precision rifle forums you will find that these optics are indeed sub par. There are many other optics in the price range that are building solid reputations in the community:

Vortex

Falcon Menace

WoTac (wonderoptics).

Wonders Optics Home

http://swfa.com/Vortex-Viper-PST-Rifle-Scopes-C2860.aspx

Old 07-21-2010, 12:38 AM   #26

Liked 40 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 15

WAAAAY too much gimmickry for me.. Plus, their advertising is full of BS, has anyone ever heard of "24 step vacuum Bertrillium-Zantitium™ multicoating"?

Counter Sniper Optics [About Us]

tdrm1.jpg  

Old 07-21-2010, 02:26 AM   #27

They are junk.

Old 07-26-2010, 01:53 AM   #28

The fourth knob is for illuminating the reticle. And yes, it's necessary. I am a 19 year, MOS qualified Army Sniper. I've used just about every scope out there. While I am partial to the M3a Leupold, I own a Counter Sniper 4-16X - 50mm. It has proven itself to be rugged and reliable. While I admit, I don't need/like illuminated reticles, the fact is, when any scope has one, there needs to be an on/off switch. Doesn't that make sense?

Old 07-30-2010, 06:42 PM   #29

Liked 23 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper View Post
The fourth knob is for illuminating the reticle. And yes, it's necessary. I am a 19 year, MOS qualified Army Sniper. I've used just about every scope out there. While I am partial to the M3a Leupold, I own a Counter Sniper 4-16X - 50mm. It has proven itself to be rugged and reliable. While I admit, I don't need/like illuminated reticles, the fact is, when any scope has one, there needs to be an on/off switch. Doesn't that make sense?

After using USO scopes in the field, you are pleased with that ridiculous reticle and the MOA/Mil configuration on the CS? wow.....

Last edited by crockett007; 07-30-2010 at 06:46 PM.

Old 08-01-2010, 12:00 PM   #30

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper View Post
You Sir are an effing douche.....