these eyes have it ....

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > these eyes have it ....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2011, 05:32 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 15 Times on 12 Posts

Default these eyes have it ....

just wondering ....with all the experiance in this forum ..at what age did any of you start having issues with your sight ,as in using scopes /optics /binos /spotters ...im 46 an have noticed a slight change in mine ...going to the eye dr. soon. i hunt with a nikon 3x9 prostaff on my .308 ,simmons 3x9 prohunter on my 30.06 ....but the weaver k4 on my 30 -30 marlin crosshairs are getting thinner and thinner.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-13-2011, 06:29 AM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I'm 45 and my eyes have been changing in new unamusing ways for the last year. I never could see well closer than 24" wearing my contacts, but now I have to take off my glasses to see anything that close. I recall the optometrist saying something about astigmatism but I wasn't paying much attention at the time. Anyway, life goes on...

Old 01-13-2011, 11:55 AM   #3

Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

I will be 35 in a few days and my vision is still 20/10 20/15......

Old 01-13-2011, 02:58 PM   #4

Default eyes ...

ive found lately that fine print gets harder to read ..this past hunting season ...i did more glassing than ever before as our lease was clearcut ...(looking for deer in the clearcut )..once looking tru glass ,seem it took longer for my eyes to re focus after i took the binos down ...just strain /fatigue i guess ...did kill a damn good 8 .inspite of ocular fuzzication....lol

Old 01-13-2011, 03:11 PM   #5

Default tango's peepers

20/10 ....20/15..is that surviellance a 20 yr old hardbody female for 10 -15 minutes ....before you make an assault of her hot L Z......lol im sorry couldnt help myself bud....myself at 46 ...checking out the 20 yr old females..with what im thinking would get me 10-15 yrs

Old 01-13-2011, 07:18 PM   #6
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2374 Times on 1282 Posts
Likes Given: 680

I had cataract surgery on my right eye about 5 years ago due to the location of the cataract and someone touching off a 300WM with a muzzle brake next to me while I was looking through my spotting scope. The blast went behind my glasses and really hurt my eye. I did not realize how much until later that evening. My left eye was closed at the time. The left eye was not bad enough until this mornings check up. I am waiting for an apointment for the surgery. I will still have to ear glasses but it will be a lot better. Might even be able to pass the driving eye test.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
I was taught to respect my elders but they are getting harder to find.

Old 01-26-2011, 12:56 AM   #7

My eyes started going at age 28. Distance vision that is. My Optometrist told me to start wearing reading glasses in front of the computer at age 40. I actually see WORSE with them on, but she claims it will help distance vision in the long run and my close up vision is deteriorating (like everyone else) with age.
For shooting my solution is to use glasses that my company invented. (yes this is a psuedo ad) I know it's self serving, but it can also help out everyone who posted in this thread, except that guy with 20/10 and 20/15 (lucky SOB)

We make custom vision solutions. We pioneered the wrap lens Rx technology over a decade ago when nobody else said it could be done. NOW we make high velocity impact resistant wrap frame custom glasses and we have some unique options.

We make a shooting lens, that takes your reading Rx (for those of us needing reading glasses) and adjusts it to the distance to your front sight. THEN we put it in the top of the lens of your dominant eye. This way when you are ready to shoot, you tilt your head down just a bit (not up) and you will be able to see the front sight with one eye, and the target with the other. All while being ANSI z87.1+ certified impact resistant and stylish.

WE DO NOT USE INSERTS

We custom mill our own lenses in-house so that you have a single lens solution to your shooting needs.

It works VERY well.

Greg
greg at tacticalrx dot com

tacticalrx.com - Home

Old 01-27-2011, 06:24 AM   #8

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

My eyes began to get worse about age 47. At that time I'd moved to civilization and begun looking at computers and television. I can't say for sure if it was age or the closer range stimuli that were to blame. But to quote my daughter at age 2, "I'm NOT happy!".

Old 01-27-2011, 04:15 PM   #9

Liked 52 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 59

I had to get glasses to read a couple years ago. My eyes have steadily gotten worse for close in work since then. I can still watch movies at the theater, watch tv or spot game at a distance better without my progressive lens glasses than I can with them. It is frustrating to look through sights now, I have to make sure I am focusing on the front sight now more than ever.

Old 01-27-2011, 04:21 PM   #10

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

My eyes are pretty bad without my contacts or glasses, but havent really changed a lot since I was in highschool.

I've really been considering getting the lazer surgery.......but being so into shooting, it kind of scares me a little. I havent heard of anybody getting the procedure done with bad results.......but it would be just my luck they would screw something up.

It's like paradise on Earth, enriched with the ever so sweet nectar of
elk urine.

When you're out there by yourself, you become who you really are.