Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Optics & Mounts (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f65/)
-   -   Tactical Gun Armory (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f65/tactical-gun-armory-19536/)

DougG 10-27-2009 04:12 PM

Tactical Gun Armory

Anybody have an issue with TGA? I ordered a product on the 15th and when checking online for my order status the website informed that it is "processing". Also when considering my options on the Order status page I was informed:

"NOTE: This order has already shipped or has reached the final stages of processing. Therefore this order is no longer editable."

Today, on the 27th, 12 days later, I finally called customer service and was informed it was being shipped from another warehouse to their warehouse whereupon it would be shipped to me. Sounds an awful lot like a backorder!

What I object to is the fact they didn't inform me, and then they hid the information in a deliberately vague website and customer service experience. And to add insult to injury they state that my order is no longer "editable" Sounds to me like I'm locked in no matter how long they take or how much they give me the runaround.

Anybody else had the same experience?

jeepcreep927 10-28-2009 05:19 AM

I haven't dealt with the company you mentioned, but had the same experience with a company called "Aftermarket Innovations". I was looking for a Bell and Carlson A2 stock, and the above mentioned company had the best price, about $15 cheaper than anyone else. Only two other places had one in stock.

The description said "available". I placed the order and sent my card number into the abyss. I received an email advising that the card had been charged, and the stock would ship directly from B&C... In 8 weeks! Now I am no business tycoon, but how can you sell s**t you don't have? To me available meant they had it, otherwise they would have said it was back ordered. Silly me.

Anyway, I didn't want to wait 7 weeks so I emailed them to cancel the order and they said they couldn't as the third party that processes the credit cards cannot refund the money. The only way "Aftermarket Innovations" would refund money is if the item sent was wrong because of their mistake.

I placed the order on August 22nd, and it just came today, October 27. So much for late season varmint hunting with the new stock. Live and learn I guess.

trex1310 10-29-2009 02:38 PM

I don't deal with TGA because I have seen on other forums with
feedback that almost everyone has problems with TGA. Here is
a blurb from the knoxville BBB:

BBB Rating
Based on BBB files, this business has a BBB Rating of F on a scale from A+ to F.
Reasons for this rating include:
•Length of time business has been operating.
•165 complaints filed against business
•Failure to respond to 102 complaints filed against business.
•5 complaints filed against business that were not resolved.
•6 serious complaints filed against business.
•Overall complaint history with BBB.

Hope this helps.

DougG 10-31-2009 02:26 AM

Thanks for the info. Today, the 30th, I was notified the product was shipped via ground with a tracking number. I might have been much happier with the result if they had been more up front about the "backorder" and less deceptive and vague. Anyway, looking forward to the new scope.