Swarovski optics - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Swarovski optics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2014, 03:19 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 17 Times on 11 Posts

The best optics make a difference in low light, long range and reliability. I would really like a Nightforce for long range hunting. A friend has one and it is an awesome scope. The abuse they can take is incredible.

Jay

Old 08-18-2014, 04:53 PM   #32

Liked 45 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txhillbilly View Post
Just,what model did you buy? Send it back to Swarovski,they will either fix it or replace it for free.

I don't know how the crosshairs would turn pink or fade. My PH 4-16x50 has an etched reticle,and has served me well for many years.
Txhillbilly,

The scopes with etched crosshairs are like the Conquest's. They don't fade.

Scopes like the Leupolds I have fade to pink when pointed towards sunlight.

So does the Swarovski Z3 I have. Mine is a regular (40mm) 3-9X scope.

I got it because I wanted to show off the 'Swaro' name on a really fine rifle I have. If I had to do it over I would have bought a Kahles.

The rifle was very accurate with a Leu. on it and it continues to shoot well with the swaro on it.

Old 08-24-2014, 01:49 PM   #33
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 235 Times on 150 Posts
Likes Given: 65

I have owned many different rifle scopes,Swarovski, Kahles, Leaupold,and Zeiss..for low light conditions, I like my Swarovski TDS 6x24x50 mounted with game reaper mount...solid one piece , line bored for accuracy.Zeiss works well at the range,and the Kahles is a poor mans Swarovski.....I also have a Meopta and it also is secondary...Nite force scopes are quite good for tactical use,and in some ways are excellent for certain hunting situations..I have used all,and I have no reason to use anything but Swarovski Optics...My spotting scope is a Zeiss 80 mm....waste of money here in 'Bama....where I shoot mostly roads,and have only 15-20 seconds to make a shot...40 years experience....