Swarovski optics
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Swarovski optics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2014, 09:44 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 383 Times on 219 Posts

Default Swarovski optics

So, my wife works with a woman who's second job is at the swarovski manufacturing plant near us. She gets really big discounts on anything they make. I know the scopes are pretty expensive, but are they any good for the price? For instance, if she could get a $1500 scope like 40% off, would it be worth it to mount on one of my rifles, or should I sell it for retail value and by another brand like leupold? Any info is appreciated.

Sent from my HTC One X using Firearms Talk mobile app

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-20-2014, 09:48 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1746 Times on 1203 Posts
Likes Given: 898

Absolutely worth trying. You can resell it at a minimal loss, and keep the change.

You will see the difference in the dusk. Daylight, not so much vs Leupold.

Old 02-20-2014, 09:49 PM   #3

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

I have used Swarovski scopes for 40 years. They are one of the best. If you are hunter you can not do better in my opinion.

Old 02-20-2014, 10:22 PM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5499 Times on 2871 Posts
Likes Given: 357

normally i wouldnt buy a swarovski because they arent worth what they charge for em. but at the price you can get at 40% off i would in a heartbeat. they are excellent scopes. at that price if you dont like it you will make money on the deal...

the only thing i have against them is you can get the identical quality or better in some cases for less in a nightforce trijicon or us optics. but since you can get he employee discount its worth it.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 02-20-2014, 10:29 PM   #5

Liked 282 Times on 198 Posts

I just put a Swarovski Z3 on a .243 rifle. I've only used it at the range, but it is excellent. I grabbed one of the demos from Cameraland NY. So it was a decent deal.

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

Old 02-21-2014, 12:49 AM   #6
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1177 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 568

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
normally i wouldnt buy a swarovski because they arent worth what they charge for em. but at the price you can get at 40% off i would in a heartbeat. they are excellent scopes. at that price if you dont like it you will make money on the deal...

the only thing i have against them is you can get the identical quality or better in some cases for less in a nightforce trijicon or us optics. but since you can get he employee discount its worth it.
For a hunting scope,Swarovski is as good as it gets,IMO.
For Long Range/Tactical/or Target Competition shooting,March-S&B-US Optics-and Nightforce are all better choices.

I don't understand where you get they aren't worth the price,Jon. Mine has been worth every dime I paid for it.

Lifetime Member-
NRA
Texas State Rifle Association
North American Hunting Club

Old 02-21-2014, 01:03 AM   #7

Liked 383 Times on 219 Posts

Thanks guys. All solid advice. If it pans out, I'm sure ill be posting about it. Just an idea at this point.

Old 02-21-2014, 01:31 AM   #8
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5499 Times on 2871 Posts
Likes Given: 357

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txhillbilly View Post
For a hunting scope,Swarovski is as good as it gets,IMO.
For Long Range/Tactical/or Target Competition shooting,March-S&B-US Optics-and Nightforce are all better choices.

I don't understand where you get they aren't worth the price,Jon. Mine has been worth every dime I paid for it.
I'm not saying they are junk by any stretch. I just don't see paying above what similar optics cost. Anything is what you pay for it to you. I own a scar17 that's pretty much completely tricked out most folks would say its not worth it... heh. Just depends on your pov.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 02-21-2014, 02:01 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 197 Times on 147 Posts
Likes Given: 331

Quote:
Originally Posted by FernandoTheCommando View Post
So, my wife works with a woman who's second job is at the swarovski manufacturing plant near us. She gets really big discounts on anything they make. I know the scopes are pretty expensive, but are they any good for the price? For instance, if she could get a $1500 scope like 40% off, would it be worth it to mount on one of my rifles, or should I sell it for retail value and by another brand like leupold? Any info is appreciated.

So, what are the chances of a group purchase?
Old 02-21-2014, 02:23 AM   #10
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21204 Times on 12040 Posts
Likes Given: 52918

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradam View Post
So, what are the chances of a group purchase?
that's good one Brad!