Swarovski optics
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Swarovski optics

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2014, 09:44 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
FernandoTheCommando's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 715
Liked 388 Times on 224 Posts

Default Swarovski optics

So, my wife works with a woman who's second job is at the swarovski manufacturing plant near us. She gets really big discounts on anything they make. I know the scopes are pretty expensive, but are they any good for the price? For instance, if she could get a $1500 scope like 40% off, would it be worth it to mount on one of my rifles, or should I sell it for retail value and by another brand like leupold? Any info is appreciated.

Sent from my HTC One X using Firearms Talk mobile app

__________________
FernandoTheCommando is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 02-20-2014, 09:48 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Mercator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Indiana
Posts: 4,636
Liked 1971 Times on 1367 Posts
Likes Given: 1004

Default

Absolutely worth trying. You can resell it at a minimal loss, and keep the change.

You will see the difference in the dusk. Daylight, not so much vs Leupold.

__________________
"You can't reason with a flying crowbar"
Mercator is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 09:49 PM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: The Edge of Darkness
Posts: 6,495
Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Default

I have used Swarovski scopes for 40 years. They are one of the best. If you are hunter you can not do better in my opinion.

__________________
nitestalker is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 10:22 PM   #4
Moderator
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JonM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Rochester WI,Rochester WI
Posts: 17,599
Liked 5687 Times on 2971 Posts
Likes Given: 378

Default

normally i wouldnt buy a swarovski because they arent worth what they charge for em. but at the price you can get at 40% off i would in a heartbeat. they are excellent scopes. at that price if you dont like it you will make money on the deal...

the only thing i have against them is you can get the identical quality or better in some cases for less in a nightforce trijicon or us optics. but since you can get he employee discount its worth it.

__________________

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

JonM is online now  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 10:29 PM   #5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
CardiacColt68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 740
Liked 319 Times on 223 Posts

Default

I just put a Swarovski Z3 on a .243 rifle. I've only used it at the range, but it is excellent. I grabbed one of the demos from Cameraland NY. So it was a decent deal.


Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

__________________
CardiacColt68 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 12:49 AM   #6
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Txhillbilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,523
Liked 1196 Times on 686 Posts
Likes Given: 575

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
normally i wouldnt buy a swarovski because they arent worth what they charge for em. but at the price you can get at 40% off i would in a heartbeat. they are excellent scopes. at that price if you dont like it you will make money on the deal...

the only thing i have against them is you can get the identical quality or better in some cases for less in a nightforce trijicon or us optics. but since you can get he employee discount its worth it.
For a hunting scope,Swarovski is as good as it gets,IMO.
For Long Range/Tactical/or Target Competition shooting,March-S&B-US Optics-and Nightforce are all better choices.

I don't understand where you get they aren't worth the price,Jon. Mine has been worth every dime I paid for it.
__________________

Lifetime Member-
NRA
Texas State Rifle Association
North American Hunting Club

Txhillbilly is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 01:03 AM   #7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
FernandoTheCommando's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 715
Liked 388 Times on 224 Posts

Default

Thanks guys. All solid advice. If it pans out, I'm sure ill be posting about it. Just an idea at this point.

Sent from my HTC One X using Firearms Talk mobile app

__________________
FernandoTheCommando is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 01:31 AM   #8
Moderator
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JonM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Rochester WI,Rochester WI
Posts: 17,599
Liked 5687 Times on 2971 Posts
Likes Given: 378

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txhillbilly View Post
For a hunting scope,Swarovski is as good as it gets,IMO.
For Long Range/Tactical/or Target Competition shooting,March-S&B-US Optics-and Nightforce are all better choices.

I don't understand where you get they aren't worth the price,Jon. Mine has been worth every dime I paid for it.
I'm not saying they are junk by any stretch. I just don't see paying above what similar optics cost. Anything is what you pay for it to you. I own a scar17 that's pretty much completely tricked out most folks would say its not worth it... heh. Just depends on your pov.
__________________

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

JonM is online now  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 02:01 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Central Calif. along Sierra Nevada FoothillsI
Posts: 525
Liked 233 Times on 174 Posts
Likes Given: 374

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FernandoTheCommando View Post
So, my wife works with a woman who's second job is at the swarovski manufacturing plant near us. She gets really big discounts on anything they make. I know the scopes are pretty expensive, but are they any good for the price? For instance, if she could get a $1500 scope like 40% off, would it be worth it to mount on one of my rifles, or should I sell it for retail value and by another brand like leupold? Any info is appreciated.

Sent from my HTC One X using Firearms Talk mobile app
So, what are the chances of a group purchase?
__________________
bradam is offline  
Axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 02:23 AM   #10
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28,735
Liked 21585 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradam View Post
So, what are the chances of a group purchase?
that's good one Brad!
__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Swarovski Demo & Display Optics Sale gr8fuldoug Sponsor Display 0 06-07-2012 12:09 PM
Swarovski Demo & Display Optics Sale gr8fuldoug Sponsor Display 0 05-12-2012 06:57 PM
Swarovski Demo & Display Optics Sale gr8fuldoug Sponsor Display 0 03-31-2012 03:06 PM
Swarovski Demo Optics Sale gr8fuldoug Sponsor Display 0 02-02-2012 05:10 PM
Winners Chosen - Next Drawing is February 1st for Swarovski Optics gr8fuldoug Sponsor Display 0 01-04-2012 12:27 PM