Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Optics & Mounts (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f65/)
-   -   Swarovski optics (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f65/swarovski-optics-104259/)

FernandoTheCommando 02-20-2014 09:44 PM

Swarovski optics
 
So, my wife works with a woman who's second job is at the swarovski manufacturing plant near us. She gets really big discounts on anything they make. I know the scopes are pretty expensive, but are they any good for the price? For instance, if she could get a $1500 scope like 40% off, would it be worth it to mount on one of my rifles, or should I sell it for retail value and by another brand like leupold? Any info is appreciated.

Sent from my HTC One X using Firearms Talk mobile app

Mercator 02-20-2014 09:48 PM

Absolutely worth trying. You can resell it at a minimal loss, and keep the change.

You will see the difference in the dusk. Daylight, not so much vs Leupold.

nitestalker 02-20-2014 09:49 PM

I have used Swarovski scopes for 40 years. They are one of the best. If you are hunter you can not do better in my opinion. :)

JonM 02-20-2014 10:22 PM

normally i wouldnt buy a swarovski because they arent worth what they charge for em. but at the price you can get at 40% off i would in a heartbeat. they are excellent scopes. at that price if you dont like it you will make money on the deal...

the only thing i have against them is you can get the identical quality or better in some cases for less in a nightforce trijicon or us optics. but since you can get he employee discount its worth it.

CardiacColt68 02-20-2014 10:29 PM

I just put a Swarovski Z3 on a .243 rifle. I've only used it at the range, but it is excellent. I grabbed one of the demos from Cameraland NY. So it was a decent deal.


Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

Txhillbilly 02-21-2014 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM (Post 1511440)
normally i wouldnt buy a swarovski because they arent worth what they charge for em. but at the price you can get at 40% off i would in a heartbeat. they are excellent scopes. at that price if you dont like it you will make money on the deal...

the only thing i have against them is you can get the identical quality or better in some cases for less in a nightforce trijicon or us optics. but since you can get he employee discount its worth it.

For a hunting scope,Swarovski is as good as it gets,IMO.
For Long Range/Tactical/or Target Competition shooting,March-S&B-US Optics-and Nightforce are all better choices.

I don't understand where you get they aren't worth the price,Jon. Mine has been worth every dime I paid for it.

FernandoTheCommando 02-21-2014 01:03 AM

Thanks guys. All solid advice. If it pans out, I'm sure ill be posting about it. Just an idea at this point.

Sent from my HTC One X using Firearms Talk mobile app

JonM 02-21-2014 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Txhillbilly (Post 1511572)
For a hunting scope,Swarovski is as good as it gets,IMO.
For Long Range/Tactical/or Target Competition shooting,March-S&B-US Optics-and Nightforce are all better choices.

I don't understand where you get they aren't worth the price,Jon. Mine has been worth every dime I paid for it.

I'm not saying they are junk by any stretch. I just don't see paying above what similar optics cost. Anything is what you pay for it to you. I own a scar17 that's pretty much completely tricked out most folks would say its not worth it... heh. Just depends on your pov.

bradam 02-21-2014 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FernandoTheCommando (Post 1511385)
So, my wife works with a woman who's second job is at the swarovski manufacturing plant near us. She gets really big discounts on anything they make. I know the scopes are pretty expensive, but are they any good for the price? For instance, if she could get a $1500 scope like 40% off, would it be worth it to mount on one of my rifles, or should I sell it for retail value and by another brand like leupold? Any info is appreciated.

Sent from my HTC One X using Firearms Talk mobile app

So, what are the chances of a group purchase?:D

Axxe55 02-21-2014 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradam (Post 1511633)
So, what are the chances of a group purchase?:D

that's good one Brad!:D


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:37 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.