Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Strelok users reticule question.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2013, 09:18 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Default Strelok users reticule question.

I'm new to serious use of optics and have been playing around with the Stelok Ballistic Calc app for Android. I have a Bushnell Multi-X reticule on a 3x9 var, which is a basic duplex style without mildots or other markings. Strelok has at least a hundred different reticules to chose from but apparently no plain vanilla duplex.Can someone tell me why? What reticule should I chose instead?

I hit it...didn't I?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-25-2013, 10:18 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5138 Times on 2930 Posts
Likes Given: 4344

Choose just about any cross hair type.

"Politics is the art of the possible" Otto von Bismarck.

Old 02-26-2013, 05:09 AM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

When you're talking about a reticle with too many options, the more difficult the shot becomes. If you don't understand and you're not 100% what each mil or dot is for, it can become confusing when it's time to pull the trigger. If you're new to it and your not making 4-7 meter shots, I'd say the simpler the better

Old 02-26-2013, 02:41 PM   #4

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

This is because a standard cross hair reticle has no accurate way of ranging or measurement. Even with a plain mil dot reticle, you can always accurately range targets.

Some think my reticle is "too busy" but bit works for me. I use SHOOTER for android as my dope program

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 02-26-2013, 03:02 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5138 Times on 2930 Posts
Likes Given: 4344

Quote:
Originally Posted by willfully armed;1155014
Some think my reticle is "too busy" but bit works for me. I use SHOOTER for android as my dope program

[IMG
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-CNgH6i4d4jE/UKA_-99_g3I/AAAAAAADTJ0/5Y83-QKYONg/s1600/reticle-g2dmr.png[/IMG]
IMHO, that is a truly superb reticule. Those who are serious about shooting will take the time and effort to learn how to get all of the benefits.

"Politics is the art of the possible" Otto von Bismarck.