Step one...what power - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Step one...what power

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2011, 06:22 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarinCraft View Post
WillfullyArmed, I'm gonna let your comment slide this time because I seriously don't think you meant that how it sounded. But the next time you challenge me as an American even though I am a medically retired cop who gave up most of the nerves in my right foot to protect a$$hats like you we are going to have a MAJOR problem.

BTW , the range I go to is in meters so if the only thing you can do is take below the belt shots at people like that, stay the eff away from me.
See.... that was a joke. Take a breath. Untwist panties.

If your that quick to be butthurt by a joke, pretty sad.....
regardless of your past endeavors.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 01-08-2011, 06:30 PM   #12

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

You know an emoticon makes it much easier to take as a joke.

Will your an effing douche.

Will your an Effing Douche.

Big difference between the two.

Old 01-08-2011, 06:33 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
You know an emoticon makes it much easier to take as a joke.

Will your an effing douche.

Will your an Effing Douche.

Big difference between the two.
Well ****...

I thought that was in there.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Old 01-08-2011, 06:35 PM   #14

Liked 23 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by willfully armed View Post
See.... that was a joke. Take a breath. Untwist panties.

If your that quick to be butthurt by a joke, pretty sad.....
regardless of your past endeavors.
I can still see that you are just set on being an A.H. so the same still remains. Just like Tango said, there is a reason for the smilies on the right.

Instead of coming on here and saying "Whoa, dude it was joke, sorry I didn't put anything on there to show that. I didn't mean to insult you." You would rather bow your chest and try and make me out to be the bad guy...thats pretty sad if you ask me.
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson
From the great speaker...er uh Barak Obongo

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me

Old 01-08-2011, 06:36 PM   #15

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
Ok, I got my 16" bull barreled AR back and I want to turn it into a 300 meter paper/coyote/and whatever is pissing me off gun. I am at the stage of looking for a scope.

First, I will be shooting factory ammo and will be perfectly happy with 2" groups (Even though there is a member here who has the same upper and shoots .5" at 300 with no problem).

Second, I know that I should buy a high dollar scope, but I just can't justify $400 on a scope let alone $1000 especially when I am such a amateur shooter. So I think I can get what I want for somewhere near $250-300.

Since there are so many scopes out there, I thought I would break it down into several smaller decisions.

What power should I be looking at? I thought a 3x9 would be perfect, but I am seeing a lot of AR's with max power being 12x.

Thanks guys
Darin
Darin:

Had a similar question awhile back but was looking in the $200ish range since my yardage would be 200 and under and we don't really have too many coyotes here in NJ...

Anyways several good recommendations I got were Vortex and Bushnell Trophy model scopes in 4x16-50. Has the power to reach out if you need it and good clear images at closer ranges with the infinite parallex objective.

I'll root around for the exact models if you're interested...

added for stupidity: Oops, should have checked the entire thread...Tango posted the above referenced models while I was waiting to hit the submit button...

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Last edited by Jpyle; 01-08-2011 at 06:41 PM.

Old 01-08-2011, 06:39 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle View Post
Darin:

Had a similar question awhile back but was looking in the $200ish range since my yardage would be 200 and under and we don't really have too many coyotes here in NJ...

Anyways several good recommendations I got were Vortex and Bushnell Trophy model scopes in 4x16-50. Has the power to reach out if you need it and good clear images at closer ranges with the infinite parallex objective.

I'll root around for the exact models if you're interested...
Thanks Pyle, no need to go to the work. I'll just search your posts and read it. Do you remember what the title was?
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me

Old 01-08-2011, 06:44 PM   #17

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
Thanks Pyle, no need to go to the work. I'll just search your posts and read it. Do you remember what the title was?
Was in a PM response from Tango...he's the go-to scope guy... I think the models he posted in the thread are similar, just a price point or two up from where I was.

Here they are:

http://www.opticsplanet.net/vortex-c...fle-scope.html

http://www.opticsplanet.net/vortex-r...dbk-m-04p.html

http://www.opticsplanet.net/bushnell...le-734120.html

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Last edited by Jpyle; 01-08-2011 at 06:46 PM.

Old 01-08-2011, 06:47 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle View Post
Was in a PM response from Tango...he's the go-to scope guy... I think the models he posted in the thread are similar, just a price point or two up from where I was.
Great thanks.

I think I'll be looking somewhere in the 4x16 range. Now I have to find a brand.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 01-08-2011, 09:51 PM   #19

Liked 15 Times on 12 Posts

Default scope for ar

if a 3x9 wont do ,a 4x12 wont break the bank ...but when you go bigger ...you know the drill .good glass is expensive ...somebody at a gun show said that weaver is coming out with an ar specific 2x10 in a small package short tube ? i dont know.. but that would fill the bill ...hunting or paper sniping ...my 2 cents

Old 01-09-2011, 01:39 AM   #20

Quote:
I can still see that you are just set on being an A.H. so the same still remains. Just like Tango said, there is a reason for the smilies on the right.

Instead of coming on here and saying "Whoa, dude it was joke, sorry I didn't put anything on there to show that. I didn't mean to insult you." You would rather bow your chest and try and make me out to be the bad guy...thats pretty sad if you ask me.
I'm the badguy. Ok...sure. is there anyway for redemption, or have I been cast to hell?
I'm sorry. You took it out of context, but I'm sorry. I did not insult you. But im sorry.
I tried to join in on the help. But I'm sorry that I tried to rib two posters about "meters".

One last query. What does you being an ex cop have to do with it? Ill remain Joe nobody, average citizen. As nothing I've done in my employment history is at all relevant to our scuttle.

Closed Thread