Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Optics & Mounts (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f65/)
-   -   sniper rifle that computes circumstances (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f65/sniper-rifle-computes-circumstances-24606/)

philip1992 03-13-2010 12:16 PM

sniper rifle that computes circumstances

Hi guys! Last year I sqaw a video of trhis huge asniper rifle (maybe a 50 cal) and when you enter all the circumstances like wind etc into a little computer that comes with it, the scope is adjusted so you don't have to worry about stuff like wind because the scope points exactly where the bullet is going to go. The name might have a C in it but I'm not sure. It was a light brown sniper rifle.
Does anybody have an idea what I am talking about?
Thanks in advance!

cpttango30 03-13-2010 12:40 PM

Barrett

Yes it is a computer that will tell you your come up and windage you need to input. This is for loser and posers that can't figure it out on their own.

philip1992 03-13-2010 12:58 PM

Thanks! Still, I'm not so sure if that's what I was looking for. I think that the video I saw was one from future weapons on youtube and it certainly was a light brown rifle, the only future weapons barrett one is a black rifle though. Sure there's none with a c, maybe ch?

cpttango30 03-13-2010 01:46 PM

Rifles can be painted.

I was not really showing you a rifle the scope with the computer is what I was showing you.

You might be thinking of a Cheytec rifle. Cheytac LLC - The Leader in Extreme Long Range Precision Rifle Systems

willfully armed 03-13-2010 01:56 PM

Me personally, Ive never ever found a place that sells those sniper rifles.

I have however seen them sell rifles to snipers.

philip1992 03-13-2010 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpttango30 (Post 247347)
Rifles can be painted.

I was not really showing you a rifle the scope with the computer is what I was showing you.

You might be thinking of a Cheytec rifle. Cheytac LLC - The Leader in Extreme Long Range Precision Rifle Systems

Thank you so much! That's the one I was thinking of! :) :) :)

canebrake 03-13-2010 03:53 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Barrett BORS

philip1992 03-13-2010 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpttango30 (Post 247347)
Rifles can be painted.

Thank yyou so much! That's the one I was thinkingf of.
's the video btw, for whoever is interested

Dillinger 03-13-2010 04:57 PM

He's talking about the Chey-Tac System that includes the "Intervention" computer ballistics program.

As for "Sniper Rifles" - We build them all the time. We build them for the military, we build them for cops and we build them for civilians that want a certain look or, more commonly, an expected level of "performance" to aspire towards.

There is nothing wrong with that. Many civilians equate long range spot on, X-ring shooting with the word "Sniper".

Correct, incorrect - It is what it is.

If you don't like it, stop companies marketing the "S" word.

My $0.02

JD