Simmons scope? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Simmons scope?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2012, 11:40 PM   #21
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21578 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

i think the point Locutus is trying to make, is that many of us will spend a small fortune on a really nice accurate rifle and cheap out when buying a scope. i know i have done the same thing in the past myself. point is, we are cheating the rifle of what is deserving of it. try to buy the best optics you can afford. the more you can spend, the better quality you should get.

Old 09-13-2012, 11:42 PM   #22

Liked 37 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Have a few Simmons, mostly their Pro-Hunter models (made when Meade owned Simmons) and they are mounted on mid recoiling centerfire rifles such as a 257 Roberts or 6.5 Swedes. Had them for 2 or 3 years now. Optics are not top notch, but decent enough for my range target shooting needs. No problems with holding zero and their adjustments are OK. Just shoot paper and spend a couple of mornings a week at range I'm a member, so the Simmons have seen a fair number of rounds downrange with them mounted.

As to the Whitetail Classic Simmons at Midway, not unusual for me to read a nice comment or read someone recommending it on other gun websites from gents happy with its performance for them.

Suggest you Google White tail classic review or Simmons White Tail Classic Review and see what you'll find.

Personally, I own a fair number of low priced ($80-$140ish) scopes that have done quite well for me and my target shooting......most are anywhere from 18X to 24X max power variables. Are they as good as my Weaver Grand Slam scopes that cost a heck of a lot more? My answer is no. But, they've done what I needed them to do, just not as well.

Old 09-13-2012, 11:56 PM   #23
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
i think the point Locutus is trying to make, is that many of us will spend a small fortune on a really nice accurate rifle and cheap out when buying a scope. i know i have done the same thing in the past myself. point is, we are cheating the rifle of what is deserving of it. try to buy the best optics you can afford. the more you can spend, the better quality you should get.
I refute the notion that the more you spend the better quality you get...one would think this should be the case...but in my experience its not.

I buy the middle of the road stuff and have yet to be disappointed.

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!
cottontop Likes This