Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Simmons Gold Medal Scopes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2010, 05:22 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Simmons Gold Medal Scopes

Anyone using the gold medal or v-tac scope?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-14-2010, 12:45 AM   #2

Default Simmons V-Tac scope

If you are not familiar with these they are on par with Leupold and others. Very high quality, first focal plane scopes.

Old 03-20-2010, 03:24 AM   #3

I'm using a Simmons Gold Medal Silhouette scope on one of my varmint rifles. Seems to be a pretty decent scope. I don't know that this particular model has been made for several years. It was the most expensive scope that Simmons made at the time. Simmons scopes are generally considered to be lower-tier scopes, along with Tasco.

I recently purchased a Bushnell Elite 3200 5-15 Tactical. Much better scope than my Gold Medal Simmons scope.

Last edited by Mutabam; 03-20-2010 at 01:57 PM.

Old 03-20-2010, 01:59 PM   #4

I should have added that the Simmons scope is better for the purpose for which I'm using it, as a varmint/target scope on a Remmy 700 VS. The Bushnell scope is mounted on an AR that I recently built. I don't want to get rid of the Simmons scope, just don't think it's quite up to Burris, Leupold, etc.

Here's the Bushnell scope: