Sights and Scopes on a Henry Lever Action .22

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Sights and Scopes on a Henry Lever Action .22

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2010, 01:44 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Sights and Scopes on a Henry Lever Action .22

Hi all

I'm getting my first gun, a Henry lever Action .22 in a little less than a week and I'd like to know, what kind of sights and/or scopes should I be looking at?

This will be for mostly plinking, maybe a squirrel or two! How are the iron sights on the h001 model?

And above all remember: pictures are always appreciated!

From this day forward, I sincerely promise, I will set an example for all other youth to follow, and I shall never do anything that would bring disgrace or dishonor upon my God, my Country and its flag, my parents, myself or the Young Marines. These I will honor and respect in a manner that will reflect credit upon them and myself.
Semper Fidelis

Owns- Henry Lever Action .22

Last edited by Alex2455; 10-06-2010 at 01:44 AM. Reason: Spelled "my" wrong. Oops!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-06-2010, 10:56 PM   #2

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

The iron sights work just fine. Honestly, I wouldn't even bother with scoping it. It's accurate out to about one hundred yards for target shooting for me, and I have bad eyes. Unless those squirrels were destined for your cooking pot, skip it and just shoot, shoot, shoot until you get it to the perfect zone for you. And remember, possum pie and squirrel stew are just as good the second day....

9x18=Makarov

Old 10-07-2010, 05:23 PM   #3

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

I'm with scott on this one. Leave it with irons and enjoy the beauty of it.

Old 10-08-2010, 02:25 AM   #4

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 3

x3 a Henry .22 is the only unscoped rifle in my safe

What if there were no hypothetical questions?

Old 10-16-2010, 10:00 PM   #5

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

I just got a Henry .22 just for a fun gun to complement my 30-30 and LOVE IT!!!

I'm with the crowd on this one, just leave it the way it is and enjoy the simplicity and beauty of it the way it was meant to. After minor elevation adjustments, me and a buddy were playing "who can hit the spent shot gun shell with the least amount of tries" at about 40 yards.

Plus, I you leave it with irons, it will give you practice in overall mechanics, sight alignment and target acquisition that will translate to other rifles in the future.

Enjoy!