Sights on DPMS Oracle

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Sights on DPMS Oracle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2012, 02:05 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Sights on DPMS Oracle

Can anyone help me with putting sights on a DPMS 5.56 Oracle? It has the lowered gas block. Will the Midwest AR Series Emergency Rear Sight (MCTAR-ERS) have an accurate elevation level when used with the Midwest Front Flip-up Sight for Gas Block (MCTAR-FFG) on the Oracle? I see people using the front sight I mentioned on the Oracle on YouTube however they have other brand rear sights like MagPul. If these Midwest sights will work together can I adjust the elevation on them?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-12-2012, 02:23 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1176 Times on 655 Posts
Likes Given: 482

Howdy. Welcome to the FTF community.

Midwest website says the FFG is to be used on a gas block that is lower than the rail on the upper, such as your Oracle. You can raise and lower the post on the front sight, best to use a specific tool for this. Front sight tools are not terribly expensive.

The rear sight is windage adjustable only.

Just do not mount a plastic/polymer sight directly on the gas block, it could melt if enough rounds were fired. Gas blocks get very hot, quickly.

Please stop by the Introduction section and let everyone know you are hear.

Old 06-12-2012, 03:45 PM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

@ Gatoragn

You Do NOT, Repeat, Do NOT, Need a front sight tool. You pick up a 5.56 or .223 casing and clamp it on the post and rotate it. I leaned this from the Magpul Dynamic Carbine DVD's.

FutureMagpul9

Old 06-12-2012, 05:24 PM   #4

Thank you for your answers. I understand that I cannot use plastic sights on the gas block, that's why I chose to go with Midwest sights instead of MagPul, plus since the gas block rail is lower than the rear rail it would not line up. It's good to know that I can adjust the elevation on this front sight, however I do not see the adjustment spot on the Midwest sight. Where exactly is it located on the sight?