Sightron SIII 6-24X50 LRMD-Review
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Sightron SIII 6-24X50 LRMD-Review

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2010, 07:26 PM   #1
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1196 Times on 686 Posts
Likes Given: 574

Default Sightron SIII 6-24X50 LRMD-Review

I bought this scope after reading several reviews about it,and since nobody around here carried Sightron scopes that was all I had to go on.

When it arrived,I examined it closely and was impressed by all the features it had. It is a well built scope,a 1pc 30mm tube,50mm Objective lens,Indefinite Side Focus,Resettable Target Turrets w/covering Caps-I like that,no more accidental scope movement,Nice smooth turning Eye focus & Magnification Ring that is clearly marked.

The first thing I noticed when looking through this scope was how Clear & Bright everything looked. This scope has some good glass & coatings on it.
From 6x all the way to 24x power this thing is cristal clear,the Side focus works great,for parallux focusing.

This is a Mildot reticle scope,so ranging with it is no problem if you can do math in your head,or cheat with a calculator for others.
The scopes not canted,it's just hard to hold a rifle and get a good pic of the reticle.

The scope passed the box test,perfectly,the turrets turn a little easier than I like,but had nice audible clicks.And with the turret caps on,you won't worry about the turrets getting turned by accident.The scope has great repeatability,when turning the turrets.

I really like this scope,and for what you get in it,and the quality of the optics it is well worth the price.It will hang right with the Swarovski Pro Hunter scope that I have,and cost almost 2.5x less.
Sightron scopes have a Lifetime warranty,and if you have a problem,they just send you a brand new scope.Not a bad warranty in my book!

Now this isn't a Cheap scope,most places sell it for $800+,but if you look you can find it cheaper,I bought this one less,but the prices must have increased because they raised the price.But I have found it for $735,and I'm getting another one for my Savage 10FCP 308.

If you are looking for a long range target scope,take a look at the Sightron SIII,you'll like what you see. THB

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-27-2010, 07:49 PM   #2
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Oh,I forgot to add that the Sightron SIII has 100MOA of adjustment,so it has no problem with running out of elevation/windage adjustment.

Old 04-27-2010, 08:40 PM   #3

Liked 710 Times on 488 Posts
Likes Given: 727

I have been on the Sightron band wagon for a few years. Mine are the SII and even an SI on my BLR. The 1st one I bought was 3-4 years ago.
SII 4-12x42mmAO short action. It is outstanding. I bought a SII 6-2042mmAO to replace a bad Bushnell 4-16. Again, outstanding. I picked up a 3-9x40mm SI for my BLR. It was a cheap purchase, but really suprised me. I really like company.

SI,
SII 6-20x42mmAO

SII 4-12x42mmAO

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Last edited by jpattersonnh; 04-27-2010 at 08:43 PM.

Old 04-27-2010, 11:26 PM   #4

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

I know bench rest guys that are switching from Leupold and Nightforce to Sightron SIII scops. That way they can spend more on the gun.

Old 04-28-2010, 12:41 AM   #5
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
I know bench rest guys that are switching from Leupold and Nightforce to Sightron SIII scops. That way they can spend more on the gun.
Yeah,I know some hardcore Leupold guys that wish they had looked at these before they drop the coin on their VXIII LRT's and Mark 4's.

I just wish Sightron had more reticles to choose from in the SIII series,and offered a FFP also.

Old 04-28-2010, 02:27 AM   #6

Liked 39 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Damn Hillbilly… does that thing make coffee in the morning too???

Old 04-28-2010, 03:25 AM   #7
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzscubie View Post
Damn Hillbilly… does that thing make coffee in the morning too???
Hey Scubie,It does double as an Expresso machine.I just haven't figured it out yet.

Cool pic of the Stealth Fighter in your avitar.

Old 04-28-2010, 06:04 AM   #8

Hey Tx, what kind of rings are you using there? They look interesting.

Old 04-28-2010, 02:42 PM   #9

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

Burris Signature rings.

These are great as they have plastic inserts that will not mar the finish of the scope and allows the rings to correct for minor untruness (Is that even a word)....

ALso the nice thing about them is if you are on a budget and need a 20MOA base you can get the rings for $40 and the set of offset inserts for $15 more and be in business on the 1k line in no time. I have a set for my 308 that I am trying to turn into my F-class gun. Might end up with a Savage F-Calss in 6.5-284 Norma.

Old 04-29-2010, 02:21 AM   #10
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Yeah,What Tango said.

If you buy the 30mm Burris Signature Rings,they come with 2 sets of inserts- 0 moa,10 moa. So you can set it up either 0 moa,10 moa,or 20 moa without having to buy a custom scope base.

The main reason I use these rings is they do not leave any scope ring marks on your scopes,and they are also some very good rings.