scopes - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > scopes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2012, 04:38 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
locutus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 9,347
Liked 5739 Times on 3248 Posts
Likes Given: 5169

Default

I've never regretted buying a top end Leupold, or Nikon.

I've owned a dozen cheapies over the years, and regretted buying every one of them.

And yes, for most of us a Hensoldt, Zeiss or S&B is a dream.

But I'd rather dream about a S&B than own a $99.95 K-mart blue light special

__________________
“We sleep safely at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who would harm us.”


Winston Churchill
locutus is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:42 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 29
Default breaking the Bank

Did I miss that reply?

I have more than a few Nightforce scopes. I realize there are a few out there that are better. I have never been sorry. Some have been better than others, but the quality is outstanding. The optics great, the repeatability rock solid, and the customer service very good.

You want to go cheaper, certainly you can.

Was there an answer on what he his going to shoot? Or his distance? If you are shooting 200 yards you don't need an $1800+ scope. However if you are shooting 1000K+ you might want a top end scope.

Of course you experience may vary.

__________________
jmac2387 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:49 AM   #13
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,193
Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac2387
Did I miss that reply?

I have more than a few Nightforce scopes. I realize there are a few out there that are better. I have never been sorry. Some have been better than others, but the quality is outstanding. The optics great, the repeatability rock solid, and the customer service very good.

You want to go cheaper, certainly you can.

Was there an answer on what he his going to shoot? Or his distance? If you are shooting 200 yards you don't need an $1800+ scope. However if you are shooting 1000K+ you might want a top end scope.

Of course you experience may vary.
He said for a 223 so 1000+ isnt on the program
__________________
Muliemaster is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 02:54 AM   #14
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Silvertip 44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Acworth, Georgia
Posts: 367
Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

Default

Well, with a Nightforce he won't have a problem seeing what he is shooting at. I had to learn about the quality of optics the expensive way. Buy cheap then weep.

__________________
Silvertip 44 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 09:07 AM   #15
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,193
Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertip 44
Well, with a Nightforce he won't have a problem seeing what he is shooting at. I had to learn about the quality of optics the expensive way. Buy cheap then weep.
Yea they are good optics i have a swaro z6 on my ca 338 its up there in the high end but worth every penny
__________________
Muliemaster is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 12:33 AM   #16
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 29
Default Swvarski

I have one Swv and the only issue I have with it over a nightforce is that the parallax control isn't quite as fine as I would like it to be. You can get it adjust correctly with a little work, but in comparison it is a coarse dial.

as always you experience may vary.

__________________
jmac2387 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 03:50 AM   #17
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,193
Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac2387
I have one Swv and the only issue I have with it over a nightforce is that the parallax control isn't quite as fine as I would like it to be. You can get it adjust correctly with a little work, but in comparison it is a coarse dial.

as always you experience may vary.
I have a nightforce on a custon 7mm ultra mag i had done for my daughter before she passed away an yes it has a very fine smooth adjustment the swaro is now after many adjustments
__________________
Muliemaster is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 08:04 PM   #18
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 25
Default

I have a Zeiss in my Winchester 223 and was so impressed with it I will get one for my 7 mm mag. I have a Burris Fullfield now and it's a good scope. But the Burris is not even in the same league as the Zeiss.

__________________
KA5ROW is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Need help on red dot scopes 45acp AK & SKS Discussion 16 12-03-2011 03:36 PM
Scopes Dantheman0616 Optics & Mounts 2 10-19-2011 07:02 PM
Scopes on AKs.... bmatt1 AK & SKS Discussion 6 08-25-2011 09:56 PM
Bsa red dot scopes patriotjoe Firearm Accessories & Gear 8 06-13-2010 12:50 AM
Scopes? maddog General Rifle Discussion 4 09-10-2007 11:12 PM