Scopes - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Scopes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2010, 12:48 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 59 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Tell 'em how you REALLY feel.

Old 01-28-2010, 01:09 AM   #12

Liked 1424 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampcrawler View Post
How about the "NEW" Redfield? Seems someone told me it was USA born.

Yea , I know I've only got (1) post on this forum,, but I'm a looooong ways from newbe status.
Hop over to the Introductions section and let us know a little about you.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 01-28-2010, 01:59 AM   #13

Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonyaeger View Post
Tell 'em how you REALLY feel.
USA scopes are crap. Have you ever even seen a US Optics scope? I am not talking on the dang interwebs where you think you are some kind of expert opticial ninja master, I am talking about in real life being able to touch it look threw it and use it. Guess what I have. I have a buddy that has oh about 20 or so of them and even more Nightforce scopes he let me shoot his suppressed 308 Sniper rifle he was building for an undisclosed Government group that was topped with a US Optics SN-3 T-PAL. The USA was I believe the first country to use scoped rifles in combat. Maybe you have heard of them Berdans Sharp Shooters?

JonM

Last edited by cpttango30; 01-28-2010 at 02:06 AM.

Old 01-28-2010, 01:27 PM   #14

Nightforce are made in japan and put togther here.

Old 01-29-2010, 01:21 AM   #15
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5984 Times on 3131 Posts
Likes Given: 426

[QUOTE=cpttango30;219841]USA scopes are crap. Have you ever even seen a US Optics scope? I am not talking on the dang interwebs where you think you are some kind of expert opticial ninja master, I am talking about in real life being able to touch it look threw it and use it. Guess what I have. I have a buddy that has oh about 20 or so of them and even more Nightforce scopes he let me shoot his suppressed 308 Sniper rifle he was building for an undisclosed Government group that was topped with a US Optics SN-3 T-PAL. The USA was I believe the first country to use scoped rifles in combat. Maybe you have heard of them Berdans Sharp Shooters?

JonM

most US scopes arent made in the US they are assembled here and stamped made in the US to get around customs import taxes and are total crap. some things are taxed less than others parts are taxed less than fully assembled goods. if your counting the boxes they sit in on the shelves yeah thats printed in the use so are the manuals....

if you wanna debate do it. i dont mind discussing things, but jumping off the high dive board into the retard pool is up to you. i can ignore ya if thats what ya really want. leave the personal insults to the liberals.

one other thing just cuz something occured int he past and one set of folks were first doesnt mean they have a pass on being best from there on forever and ever. just cuz the US military was first to use a scope in combat doesnt mean taht our scopes are gear are still the best ever. after all our guys are saddled with that horid berreta pistol and shtty M9 bayonet. amongst other terrible pieces of gear when we once had really good stuff

Last edited by JonM; 01-29-2010 at 01:23 AM.

Old 01-29-2010, 02:01 AM   #16

I'll just sit back and watch.

Old 01-29-2010, 02:38 AM   #17

Wait for it.....

Old 01-29-2010, 03:01 AM   #18

Please list these US Made scopes that are just assembled here and are JUNK?

While I am not a fan of leupold they are a quality scope I believe you pay twice what they should cost because they have a gold ring and say LEUPOLD. Most companies are not producing their own glass for rifle optics today. It is a costly and time consuming process.

Schmidt & Bender is one of the top scope makers today and they don't even make their own glass they find the companies that are producing the quality and quantity they want and they buy it.

Zeiss is one of the few that makes their own glass. they also make the FINEST glass for medical equipment If you look threw a microscope without zeiss lenses then you switch to one that does have them there is a world of difference. One of my jobs required me to spend long hours hunched over a microscope and my eyes would hurt after only 25 ro 30 minutes of counting blood cells on scopes with less glass in them. The zeiss scope was good to go for at least 3 hours before eye fatigue set in. The only other scope I would use other than a zeiss was one fitted with NIKON lenses.

Nightforce scope are very high quality scopes. Been there seen then used them. If you ever see an F-class match you are going to see mostly Leupold and Nightforce scopes on the line. Are there better scopes out there Sure there are one of which is US Optics.

Personally I think you are just talking out of your starfish in hopes to get into a fight.

What ever dude. I grew up shooting high end stuff that when purchased was the nightforce and Zeiss of the time. My grandfather has plenty of Leupold scopes. Along with Lyman All Americans, Unertal scopes as well. He was a man who wanted the one hole 10 shot groups at 100 yards. He was invited to The Weatherby Factory in CA by Mr. Roy Weatherby himself to discuss accuracy and many other aspects of shooting. We have no less than 20 custom built bench guns in my house. It was just how it was.

"Not gonna argue"

Old 01-29-2010, 12:01 PM   #19

Liked 747 Times on 522 Posts
Likes Given: 789

I wish I had the cabbage to put a Nightforce or USA optics scope on some of my rifles. Tango, you know what they say about opinions....

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Old 01-29-2010, 03:30 PM   #20

Jpatt yes I do.

Some just stink more than others.

I have used a lot of scopes and read a whole lot on the subject.

Oh and lets not talk about Premier Reticles new line of scopes. I would get one of them before nightforce, US Optics and definitely before Leupold.

"Not gonna Argue"