Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > Scope Setup Video

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2012, 02:13 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 50 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 108

Default Scope Setup Video

I'm sure most of you know this already but I found this video very helpful and thought I'd share.

http://youtu.be/COoXVpGfXQE

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-09-2012, 07:08 PM   #2

Liked 42 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 2

The NSSF has a whole series of good videos like this one.

XD-40 service, XD-9sc, member GeorgiaCarry.Org, National Rifle Association, Gun Owners of America, North American Hunting Club, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation

Old 07-09-2012, 08:29 PM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Do they have a site, I'd really like to contact them regarding some rifle problems I'm sure to face, I'm actually having one now without having a gun, and it's about the scope I have. I bought a Rifle Scope with a 400 yard mil-dot setup in the crosshairs, and it was made by Leapers UTG. However, the elevation and windage dials don't work, otherwise the cross hairs would shift in the lens. Is that normal, cause I have a cheap scope that i used for a BB gun, and the same problem happened with that one too. I'd really like to get in contact with these guys for some help. All the people who posted on my threads gave info that wasn't relevant to the topic, and then they stopped writing all-together eventually. Basically, no one here is helping. Do you have a link to video origin, other than Youtube???

Old 07-09-2012, 10:51 PM   #4

Liked 42 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Don't know how much they might be able to help with your specific problem, but here is the website I have for them:

http://www.nssf.org/hunting/

Without having the scope mounted in a fixed position and sighted in on a fixed target, it may be difficult to determine whether the crosshairs are moving or not. If you have already determined that they are immobile, given that admittedly it is not an expensive scope, it probably isn't worth going to the expense of fixing.

XD-40 service, XD-9sc, member GeorgiaCarry.Org, National Rifle Association, Gun Owners of America, North American Hunting Club, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation

Last edited by treehugger49; 07-09-2012 at 10:55 PM.

Old 07-10-2012, 12:35 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 50 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 108

Quote:
Originally Posted by treehugger49 View Post
The NSSF has a whole series of good videos like this one.
Thanks treehugger I'll check them out!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Old 07-15-2012, 05:56 PM   #6

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 8

I thought i knew how to mount and setup a scope after watching this video i found out i was not even close. I remounted my scope on my Mini 14 using the info on this video i can't be leave what difference it made.

"I only like shooting my Mini when i am alone or with somebody" 51