Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Optics & Mounts (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f65/)
-   -   Scope for Remington Model 700 .308? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f65/scope-remington-model-700-308-a-45669/)

NCSills23 07-23-2011 06:36 AM

Scope for Remington Model 700 .308?

Would like to find out if anyone here could recommend a good scope for my Remington Model 700 ADL with Bull Barrel .308? Also Any scopes already in Camo? Thanks for the help in Advance!

Sniper03 07-25-2011 11:41 PM

NCS

My favorite scope is the Leupold VXIII Model#54912 it is 3.5X10 Power with Illuminated Reticle. It is also a 30MM Tube which I prefer over the standard 1" Tube.
Collects much more light and seems very clear. I have two of them. One on my Remington 700 CDL in 7mm Remington Mag. and one on My Pre-64 Model 70 in 30-06 Cal. Great Scope. You might check out Nikon on the Camo Scope. I am not sure if they make other camo scopes but my Coyote Scope on a Savage Predator is camo?

NCSills23 07-26-2011 07:35 PM

Thanks for the reply. I have heard good things about the leupold that you mentioned and I think I may give that a shot. I just wanted something descent that will serve it's purpose. I hunt deer with that rifle but I also like to do some precision shooting and was just looking for something that would work well for both. Thanks again!

Silvertip 44 07-27-2011 12:46 AM

NCS

If you plan to do some precision shooting, you may want to give the Nightforce NXS 3.5-15X50 some thought. It is quite pricey, but after I put one on my .308 I fell in love with it. I have the NP-R1 reticle and will be using mine for hunting as well. The reticle is a bit thin for woods use in reduced light, but it is also illuminated.
I shoot some long range at our local gun range and the NF is perfect for that. The turret adjustments are positive, reliable and accurate.

Elwood1 07-29-2011 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silvertip 44 (Post 550548)
NCS

If you plan to do some precision shooting, you may want to give the Nightforce NXS 3.5-15X50 some thought. It is quite pricey, but after I put one on my .308 I fell in love with it. I have the NP-R1 reticle and will be using mine for hunting as well. The reticle is a bit thin for woods use in reduced light, but it is also illuminated.
I shoot some long range at our local gun range and the NF is perfect for that. The turret adjustments are positive, reliable and accurate.

NightForce makes good benchrest scopes but I would not use one as a hunting scope. If you dont mind addind 2 extra pounds on a rifle that already has a bull barrel that you plan on hunting with, then go for it. JMO. Personally I would go with a Leupold VX-III 3.5-10 or a 4.5-14. Also you can get any scope that you choose camo dipped, by a professional, in just about any camo you want.