Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Optics & Mounts > scope mount question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2013, 04:55 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 182 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 184

Default scope mount question

For the AK I was just wondering does anyone know much about this style of mount?

https://www.apexgunparts.com/product_info.php/cPath/21_122/products_id/2520

I'm thinking about getting this but I was wondering what you all thought?

"come on you sons of b***hs! do you want to live forever?" Sergeant Daniel Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood France June 6th 1918

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-08-2013, 01:58 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 756 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Intriguing piece of AK railing. Don't know if I can form an opinion as there is little to go by. As for myself however I ventured into purchasing a side rail from Kalinka, a Russian manufacturer. Click below:

http://kalinkaoptics.com/mounts/ak-vepr-saiga-romak-1-2-slr/original-bp-02-ak-saiga-vepr-low-profile-centered-side-mount-to-weaver-rail-w-black-finish.html

Old 06-10-2013, 12:25 PM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5122 Times on 2667 Posts
Likes Given: 310

Cant say. Im using a side rail from adm.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 06-11-2013, 04:43 AM   #4

Liked 182 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 184

I was thinking about getting one of the side mounts but I saw this replaces the rear sight and comes with a rear peep along with the railing so I'm thinking I'm at least going to buy give it a try and let you all know how it goes, with irons and maybe a low powered scope or red dot.

"come on you sons of b***hs! do you want to live forever?" Sergeant Daniel Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood France June 6th 1918

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED

Old 06-17-2013, 09:22 PM   #5

Liked 313 Times on 218 Posts
Likes Given: 536

If one has enough imagination and the tools, he/she can make anything work on anything.
ct